CHAPTER 37: NASHVILLE

"It's Ed."

 I stare at her then slowly take the phone from her hand, closing the door.

"H-Hello?" I ask, my voice cracking.

"Taylor!" he says more relieved than happy.

"Hi Ed." He doesn't say anything for a few seconds.

"Why wouldn't you answer my calls?"

"My phone broke."

"I know, your mom told me, but what happened? Why wouldn't you take my calls?"

She let out a short laugh, "You really think I don't know about what you did?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Ed, I know about Ellie."

"Yea...I told you she's just a friend."

"Oh really, well she sounded like a bit more than 'just a friend' when she called me."

"What?! She called you?"

"Yes, and you know what? It was Harry all over again. Except you weren't there for me this time. I was all alone and no one was there to comfort me the way you do. No one was here to tell me it's okay and that I'll find the perfect guy for me because I'm special. You were too busy with Ellie!" I said, bawling my eyes out.

"Taylor", he croaked.

"I don't wanna hear it."

"You have to listen to me, please!"

"Bye, Ed."

I hang up and sit down in my chair, sobbing my heart out. My mom walks in and instantly starts comforting me. I can't believe Ed of all people would do this to me. I thought he was different.

My parents were right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ED'S POINT OF VIEW~

I'm looking for my shoes when my phone rings on the dresser beside me. It's from Ellie.

"Eddie hey!"

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Woah, what's up?"

"You called Taylor, you lied to me!"

"Ed I'm so sorry."

"She hates me now, Ellie."

"I didn't mean for this to happen."

"What did you say to make her this upset with me?"

"Nothing, I just told her you were in the bathroom and that we were busy. Then you asked me if I was ready and she must've got the impression that...."

"Me and you were...."

"Yea"

"Why would you call her anyway?"

"I don't know."

"Well until you figure it out, don't call me again." then I hung up. And I didn't feel bad either.

I continued looking for my shoes. Once I found them, I check the time to see how long until my plane leaves. 2 hours. I pack a few more things and take my bag downstairs where I go searching for a few snacks to eat on the bus ride to the airport. Soon enough, I'm ready to go and on my way to Nashville....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~TAYLOR'S  POINT OF VIEW~

"Yea, I guess I just gotta get over him."

"I'm sorry Tay, I shouldn't have pushed you to go out with him. I thought you two were perfect."

"It's alright Caitlin, I thought so too."

"Well I gotta go, feel better babe."

"Bye."

I get up and head to the bathroom. Why is it always me? I look at myself intently in the mirror, from my messy hair to my puffy eyes to my pink lips. Am I ugly? Or is it just my personality? I stand there trying to find out why love is so disastrous for me, getting even more insecure by the second. On a whim, I run downstairs and into the kitchen. I go through a drawer and find a sharp knife. Once I pull it out, I just stare at it, seeing my reflection in its shiny surface. Slowly, I take it to my wrist and make a small slit. I'm not sure why I do it, though I feel like I deserve it, so I do it again. Then there's a knock on the door, making me jump and bringing me out of the trance I was in. I look at what I've done to myself then go into shock. What am I doing? The knock occurs again and I rush to get to the door, throwing the knife in the sink. I open the door quickly and almost faint seeing the person before me.

"Ed?"

______________________________________________________________________________________

<313