CHAPTER 30: MY FRIEND ELLIE

We're finally back in L.A, where I'm recording a new song I wrote. I haven't talked to Ed since yesterday. I hope he doesn't forget about me and fall in love with someone else. I'm performing at an awards show for great young musicians in a few weeks, where I'm debuting my song and hopefully he can tune in. I've tried calling him all day but he won't answer. My mom says he might be busy and my dad tells me to give it a few days. I just hope they realize that every minute I don't see him, it kills me inside. Yea, it's that bad. Hopefully he answers me soon....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ED'S POINT OF VIEW~

I haven't talked to Taylor in like a week. I keep meaning to call her back but I met this girl named Ellie. She's pretty cool. She's been keeping me quite busy though. I learned that she's a new "up and coming" artist and her music is really good.

"Ed! Where do you keep the paper towels?"

"In the pantry next to the oven."

She came over my house to make me dinner. She's a good cook, nowhere as good as Taylor though. This just makes me want to talk to her more. I go upstairs and grab my phone then dial her number. She picks up on the 3rd ring:

"Ed?"

"Hey Tay!"

"Oh my gosh, I've missed you so much!"

"Same here. So what are you up to?"

"Nothing much....oh, I wrote a song and I'm singing it at a little event in a week or so. Tune in?"

"Of course! I miss your cooking. Nothing's been the same without it."

She laughed, "Maybe if I visit you, I can cook your faves, ok?"

"Yes, that would be delightful."

"Oh, widening your vocabulary I see!"

"Well, I-"

"ED, DO YOU HAVE GARLIC POWDER?!"

"Who's that, Ed?"

"Um, that's my friend Ellie."

"Oh....well tell her I said hi."

"Taylor, I-" then Ellie came in the room.

"Do you have any garlic powder. I need it for the soup."

"Uh, no. I'm on the phone right now, please like...leave."

"Sorry", she mumbled. Then she walked out the room.

"So she's cooking for you?"

"It's not like that. We're just friends Taylor."

"I know, I'm just...."

"Just what?"

".....scared you might forget about me and move on... I mean, you can. I just....I don't want you to."

"I could never forget about you. I spent six months on a bus with you and played 66 shows all over North America with you. Plus I'm still madly in love with you. Nothing's changed. I haven't moved on. You haven't a single thing to worry about."

"Thanks Ed. I love you."

"I love you too. Talk to you later."

"Bye."

I walk downstairs to Ellie sitting at the counter, staring into space.

"What's up?"

"Why were you being so mean to me?"

"I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to."

"Well you were....who were you on the phone with?"

"Taylor."

"Oh...what did you two talk about?"

"Is the food ready?"

"....yea, did you want some?"

"I was planning on it."

"Okay then" she sighed.

We sat down and ate in silence when Ellie dropped her fork on her plate...like really loudly.

"Is there a problem, Ell?"

"Yea, why did you ignore my question?"

"Because I found it private and I didn't want to discuss it with anyone else."

"Well why didn't you just say that instead of disrespecting me?"

"Why are you acting like you're my wife? I swear you were cool like an hour ago."

"Ed, what is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with you?"

".....okay I'm sorry. I guess I should leave."

She started gathering her stuff when I stopped her.

"No, don't leave. I'm sorry I'm being a jerk. I really didn't mean to.

"It's cool."

We sat back down and ate in silence once again....
____________________________________________________
<313