CHAPTER 31: SCARY MOVIES

~ELLIE'S POINT OF VIEW~
I can't help but think Ed is hiding things from me. I know we aren't dating and we just met and all, but I can't help but feel like he's the love of my life. I know he likes me, too. The only thing keeping us apart is Taylor. Before that phone call, everything was fine. Now all of a sudden we're arguing? It's definitely her.

"Thanks for dinner, Ellie. Really good."

"No problem. If you need anything just call."

"Okay, see you later."

I stood there for a bit longer just admiring him. He's so polite and sweet and cute.

"Um, Ellie?"

"Yea?"

"You gonna like go now?" he asked, scratching the back of his neck. He seemed nervous so I stopped acting weird.

"You know what? How about I spend the night?!"

"I don't know...."

"It'll be fun, I promise!"

"....Alright, I guess."

"Yay! What do you want to do first?!" I said, a little too excited.

"Ah, we can watch some movies."

"What kind of movies do you have?" He started rummaging through a cabinet full of movies.

"Um Shrek, Lilo and Stitch, Lord of the Rings, Thor, The Avengers, Iron Man, Love Actually-"

"Ooh, that one!"

"Have you seen it?"

"No, but I hear its very good."

"Yea, it's like Taylor's favourite movie. We used to watch it all the time." He started staring at the case and smiling, probably still thinking about the two of them....ew.

"How about this one?" I said, bringing him out of his thoughts. It was a horror film and he didn't want me to get scared.

"Oh, come on! Please?" I gave him puppy-dog eyes and he chuckled then finally said yes.

"Yay!" I hopped on the small sofa and started getting comfy under the covers while Ed put the movie in.

"Alright, scoot over."

I scooted over and we shared the blanket and waited for the movie to begin....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat beneath the covers, trying not to see the disgusting scary parts. Ed looked over at me and shook his head while nibbling on the popcorn I made.

"I told you it was scary."

I removed my head from under the covers and kept watching the movie. Another head got chopped off and I screamed. Ed looked at me to make sure I was okay.

"You okay, Ellie?"

"Yea, I'm fine." I scooted closer to him and nuzzled into his chest. He hesitated but he put his arm around me. We stayed like that for the rest of the night.
____________________________________________________
<313