Chapter 10

Tessa dug through her wardrobe in search for the perfect outfit. Heather had announced her pregnancy and the celebration was tonight. Being a Sunda, Tessa thankfully was off work and able to make it. That is, if she could find something to wear. She finally settled on a black dress that looked nice enough for such an occasion. She slipped in on over her matching set of lace nickers and then zipped it up. Now for shoes. Something that would look formal but not to fancy. She grabbed her simple black laced up pumps and put them on. After settling on a nice lace necklace and styling her hair she felt ready to take on the evening. She grabbed her small handbag and stuffed her keys inside. One more thing, she thought to herself as she grabbed her long warm coat from her closet. It was sure to be cold as heck outside and she wasn't going to freeze her butt off out there.

When she walked out of her room she was met with Luke. He looked like sex on a stick to her. The devilish look in his eyes had her filled with anticipation for his touch. His muscular form was tense and his jaw firm. He seemed strong and overpowering, it made her want him to take her right there.

She moved quickly past him and down the hall

She moved quickly past him and down the hall. Liam looked at her and raised an eyebrow. "You know, I'm gonna have to fight guys off you tonight." Tessa blushed at his complement. It wasn't often that he complemented her like that, so when he did she knew it was for real.

She nodded her head down as a way of saying thank you before she walked for the door. "Can I expect to see you there tonight?" Tessa asked him. He smiled and nodded his head. "Yup. I'll be there with bells on." Tessa giggled and walked out. Honestly the person she hoped would be there was Luke. She planned on spending the entire night ignoring him like he had been doing to her. Giving him a taste of his own medicine as it were. Yes the party was all about Heather and her pregnancy, but Tessa wanted to utilize this opportunity. Maybe she was being selfish, but she was fed up with Luke ignoring her. She was going to get at him one way or another.

She pulled into the gorgeous property of Heather and Callen Richards. Their house was beautiful and glamorous. Since Callen was the owner of the town's small oil company, he was pretty wealthy. Which is why Tessa found it strange that Heather still worked at the diner. But then she just figured that she didn't want to be seen like some money grubber or trophy wife. The large circular drive in front of the house was empty and Tessa found a nice spot before parking. Her pumps met the smooth pavement as she stepped out of her car. She gazed at the sight in front of her for a second, taking in the monstrous house. Never in her life would she be able to afford a place like this. Heather had really landed herself a cash daddy. Tessa would never have tried to steal him, but to say that she wasn't envious of the luxury that they lived in, would be a lie.

She slowly made her way to the front door and rang the doorbell. The door opened and she was greeted by Callen. He pulled her in tight for a hug and welcomed her inside.

"Heather should be in the kitchen making sure the food is prepared right for the party." He pointed in the direction of what she assumed must be the kitchen. "Thank you. So are you excited?" He grinned from ear to ear. "Through the roof. I hope it's a boy." Tessa smiled, most men always hope for a son. It never made sense to her, daughters weren't a bad thing. She headed to the kitchen (Trying not to get lost along the way.)