Chapter 6

Tessa was enjoying her day off. She rarely had a day when she didn't have to work at least one job. She brought her legs closer to her chest as she curled up on the living room couch. The tv show that was on wasn't that entertaining, but it was tv nun the less. Tessa looked over to the hallway as Nova entered through it.

"Hey, I'm going out. Party tonight at a friend's. I'll see ya later." Tessa nodded and watched as she left the house. Every night seemed to be a party of some kind. Tessa couldn't understand where she got the energy.

Liam walked into the living room all dressed up. He looked like he was about yo go on the prowl for some chicks. "Leaving?" She asked as he dug around his pockets for the keys. He nodded his head and smiled. "Do I look okay?" He asked and Tessa laughed. "No you look like a dork. Of course you look good! Now get out there and nock em' dead!" She said as she stood up and gave him a hug.

"So where are you going?" She asked as he made his was to the door. "Ummm. Just a party." The smile on his face didn't look believable, but she didn't even want to know why. If it's one thing you don't do, it's ask your siblings about there love/sex lives. Soon Liam was out the door and Tessa was left alone with the tv.

She flipped through the channels and found a horror mystery. Bringing a blanket from her room, she cover up in it and snuggled into the couch with some snacks. The crunch of the chips seemed to echo through the empty house, shadows moved around the room. Tessa felt more and more alone, more and more scared. What was she thinking, watching a horror alone at night?

Screaming flooded the house from the tv and Tessa ducked her head under the blanket. She had no desire to watch the psychopath chop that person in half. Soon though, she heard a noise besides the screaming. She slowly lifted her head from the blanket and saw a tall figure standing in front of the couch. She screamed and jumped up. Trying to stand on the couch she tumbled over and felt herself land in strong arms. A familiar sent filled her nostrils as she held her eyes shut.

"You shouldn't watch horror movies alone at night." The silky voice that she had come to know as Luke's told her. She felt a small vibration through his chest as he let out a laugh. "And why not?" She asked and she shoved her body from his. "I'm a grown woman, not a child." Tessa finely lay eyes on his face. The smile that stretched across it was disarming and his eyes- heart melting.

"Horrors are meant to be watched with a guy." He smirked at Tessa, and she felt herself falling for his charms. She couldn't let that happen. He is a prick, she told herself repeatedly. "So Liam gone?" He said taking off his long coat and placing it on the rack. She noticed how the light from the doorway illuminated him. That's when she saw the puffy red eyes. Luke had been crying?

She walked over to him and stood staring at him. He looked down at her and smiled, but Tessa saw pain in his eyes that she had never seen before. He tried to hide it behind a smile, but she could see it in his eyes, something was hurting him. She brought a hand up to his face and caressed his cheek, the warmth of his skin spread to hers. Luke's eyes closed as and he brought his hand up to cover hers. His touch was tender and full of emotion, emotion Tessa didn't understand. What had Luke feeling this way?

His hand gripped hers and slid it off his face and slowly down to his chest. His eyes gazed into hers, penetrating her most deepest thoughts. She felt the beat of his heart under her hand. Tessa felt his pain inside her as she looked into his eyes. A tear escaped her eye. She had no idea how she could feel the pain in his eyes, but she did. It was as if his pain was hers. He swept her into his arms and placed a kiss on her lips. The kiss was tender but needy, it was full of emotion. She moved her hand back up to his face as their lips moved in sink, studying one another again. She parted her lips to allow him in. His tongue search her mouth and his hands gripped her closer to him.