Chapter 5 - Part 2

Luke ran a hand through his hair roughly as he listened to his friend. He knew that Liam needed to talk, but he had work. The stress of meeting deadlines was more then Luke wanted to deal with. He didn't even understand why Liam was so freaked by what happened. Nova was just being Nova. But for some odd reason Liam apparently was taken back by her actions.

"I like her, Luke. She seems really fun and I'd like to get to know her every way I can. But I'm worried with what Tess is going to do or think. Ya know cause they are friends and all." Luke rolled his eyes at the mountain Liam was making out of a mow-hill. It wasn't that big of a problem.

"Look dude, your sister can just get over herself. If you like Nova then go for it. There ain't no point in stressing over it. If Tess had a problem with it, I'll deal with her." It took all his will power to keep himself from smiling at that last part of his speech.

"Now I gotta run. I have work to get done and I'm already late." Luke turned and left the room rushing down the hall with his keys in hand. As he turned into the living room he slammed into Tessa. She stumbled back and he quickly caught her in his arms-pulling her close to his chest. Her palms place on his pectorals as he held her. She looked at him wide eyed, her mouth slightly open as she breathed deeply. Luke wanted nothing more then to kiss her, but he knew he had to work. "I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not." He let himself enjoy the look of annoyance she gave before he let her go. "You are such a prick. ya know that right?" He laughed as he walked past he over to the door.

"Maybe I am, but the ladies love it." He winked at her before leaving the house. She had the classic Tessa face that he had grown to enjoy immensely as he walked out. Honestly he felt like he was never going to get enough of her. It almost scared him to think that, he was always determined to never get attached. And yet here he was feeling attached to something that wasn't even close to being his.

As he concentrated on the road in front of him, Luke searched through himself. His whole life seemed like a pile of lies. Nothing seemed true, and everything was just screwed up. Fighting not to be depressed he seemed to find himself blocking everyone out and suffering anyway. Trying not to be his father he just seemed to be like him more and more. Keeping himself from getting close to someone just to be left alone, he caused himself to be alone. It just seemed like everything he worked hard against was everything that fond it's way to him. What kind of man was He?

Luke had never told Liam the truth about his family. He never told him about the demons of his past or about the monsters that fought to take over him. He always kept everything to himself and fought the battle secretly. No one understood the real him, no one knew what he had been through. Not even his aunt who raised him. Luke spent his whole life keeping secrets. Getting attached to Tessa wasn't a good idea on his part. He knew that sooner or later she might find out who he really was, and the scars that covered him. The scars that covered his life.

The roads twisted in front of the car as he drove down the long road. It reminded him of the curvy body of Tessa. He wasn't going to let her go and block her out just yet. He needed more time with her to look back on, and then he would start keeping her away for her own good. Soon enough Liam and Luke would move out, right? It would make it easier in the end.

How was he supposed to live there and try to ignore feelings he had for her if they didn't? The thought startled Luke. He had feelings for her, he couldn't deny that. Well he could, even if it was true, he still could. And he was going to. There was no way he would allow her to get to him. He would use her body but not get attached to the person it belonged to. He couldn't allow himself to feel for her, not anything but lust would be there.

~~

"Mr. Striker?" The voice brought him out of the thoughts that still lingered in his mind. It was as if she had created a web in his mind and he couldn't escape it. He looked at his assistant and smiled.