Chapter 3 - part 2

Luke lay in his bed thinking of his mother. Seeing Nova like that made him think back to when she would get so drunk she wouldn't even remember that he was her son. He had hated watching her poison herself like that all those years. He understood that she was depressed and wanted to forget, but seeing her like that did a number on him as a kid.

The image of his mother laying dead on the bathroom floor appeared in his head. He shook it off trying to get that memory to leave, but it wouldn't.

He had only been 11 years old when he walked into the bathroom and found his mother's body. She had taken a large amount of pills and overdosed. At first Luke didn't know if she was dead. He ran over and dropped to the ground next to her. Tears filled his eyes as he cried her name over and over. It was a memory that would haunt him forever.

Though he knew it wasn't the case, he still felt like, to his mother, he wasn't worth sticking around for. When his father ran off, Luke had been both relieved and hurt; hurt by how his father left like he didn't care for them. But relieved that the monster was finely gone. But after his mother's suicide, Luke never got rid of the feeling of abandonment. A part of him feared he would turn into his father and he hated that.

The hours ticked by as Luke got no sleep. His thoughts and past demons wouldn't leave him be. The clock beside his bed told him he needed to get up even though he hadn't gotten sleep. As he walked out of his room and down the hall to the bathroom, he found that the girls were both still in there. But seeing them both asleep Luke decided to put them in their beds.

Gently he picked up Nova and walk her to her room and placed her on the bed. When he returned to the bathroom he stopped to look at Tessa for a moment. Her Dark hair draped over her face slightly and her large T-shirt crinkled up around her hips, allowing for her red lace underwear to be seen. Luke smiled for a moment, thinking of when she had run into him caring her black lace set. Although she acted sweet and innocent, Luke was starting to believe there was another side of her that she held back. He bent down and slid one arm under her legs and the other around her back: picking her up she moaned and snuggled up to his chest. The feeling Luke felt was odd to him, this girl could do a number on him without even trying. But there was no way he could be developing a soft spot for her.

Luke placed Tessa gently onto her bed. Her hand grabbed at his shirt not wanting to be put down. He chuckled as he grabbed her hand and brought it to his lips and placed a small kiss on it. The softness of her skin was incredible to touch. At that moment her wondered what would have happened if she hadn't of dropped the glass of water last night. His eyes wondered down her body as he remembered her reaction to his touch. Tessa shifted and turned mumbling to herself. The sight was oddly amusing. He looked to the clock and figured she wouldn't be able to get up in time to work. So he left the room to call the diner.

As he walked back into Tessa's room writing her a note-He stopped and glanced around her room for the best place to leave it. He needed to put it somewhere she would, without a doubt, find it. As she rolled over in her bed he flashed his attention to her beautiful body.

A mischievous grin stretched across his face. He walked over to her bed and let his fingers glide across the hem of the lace that cradled her. Her body twisted and a moan left her mouth. Luke looked up to her wondering if he had woke her up, but she was still asleep. As he gently lifted the hem he slipped the note inside and then released the fabric. His eyes looked up to her face, blissful slumber covered it. She was a sight to behold. Letting his fingers caress her for just a moment-he brought his lips down to her skin and placed them gently above the hem of her panties. The warmth of her skin tickled his lips and sent a sensation, that was hard to deny, through him.

He left the room and closed the door behind him before deciding he needed a cold shower.

~~~

Luke sat at his desk going through piles of paperwork, all the while thinking of Tessa. The taste of her skin lingered in his mouth. The want to feel her, touch her, be inside her, continued to build with every passing hour. How could one woman effect him so much without even really touching him. He wondered if she had found his note; and if so what went through her mind. He wondered if she was as much affected by him as he was by her. As each thought flew through his mind he felt uncertainty. What was it he felt for Her?