Chapter 4

Worrying is stupid.
Its like walking around with an unbrella, waiting for it to rain...

Da'Shaun P.O.V ****

" You think you can come out with us? "

" Where to ? " I asked putting my bag on my shoulder as we exited out the school building. It was 10 minutes to the bell ended but we ditched last hour and hung around, then figured we'd just go home early.

" Bruh, don't worry about all that. You'll have a good time " Cali says smacking my head.

" And see some fine bitches! It be hella hoes up in this bitch, busting it wide open for a real nigga " Zee boost.

" So, you know he not getting it busted wide open for " Marco tease making us laugh as we came to our cars.

" What time? " I asked not sure, I was on my way to the art center to put in some work and release some shit. I had a project coming up in my art class and I need to hurry and get it done.

" How bout you pick us up from my crib...round 8? We can get some pre-club puff puff passing in " Zee says. They all lived closer to eachother in this hood part of town. I liked being out there though, Shit is amazing from where I was born and raised at.

" Why I got to pick y'all up? " I asked. Thats far as hell from my place.

" Because this bitch is bad " Marco says rubbing his hand across my ride...I shook my head. " Plus, we all know you not gon' drink like us. So we gon just ride out there together. "

" Ight, I got to go " I say unlocking the car. I dapped my boys up before getting in and throwing my backpack into the passenger side. The jumpped into Zee's old school car that looked like the one from ATL.

I started the car with the button and pulled off out the parking lot. It was a 10 minute drive to the art studio I used.

When I pulled up I took off my hoodie and stepped out the car locking it behind me. " Hey, Shaun! How are you sweetie? " Ms. Linda my art mentor says.

" Im doing, fine. What about you? " I asked.

" Great, how long you think you'll be here ? " She asked me.

" 2 hours " I shrug my shoulders. She gave me the okay, before I stepped into the back and headed to my faviorte room. I sat up my canvas and tied on apron. Getting up my work space ready..I was debating on what I wanted to go for with the painting exactly.

The painting was supposed to incorprate MORALS.

I could go with painting usually corny stuff, but im sure we'll see alot of that shit during turn-in day. I thought hard about what I wanted to see.

Its isn't always what it seems.

Don't judge a book by its cover.

Morals Ive got to witness to know that they were true.

I caught an idea of what I wanted to do and went ahead to get a work, when people see me...they need to realise its more to the eye...im more then they see, dollar sign, green eyes and a Black card and education..I wanted my painting to represent that..its more that when the eye mets, thats sounded about right.

I dipped my brush into the black paint and stroked it across the canvas. As each stroke went down, they seemed to flow naturally and connect. I turned my phone off before not wanting to be bothered, every time I came in here...It was like i released alot of energy. Nobody would ever understand.