Solstice: Chapter 4

Lilly watched as Sage and Sean stalked around the apartment ranting and raving about injustice and who they should call. Sage was ranting about finding a Coven Lawyer while Sean was raving about ways he could kill Link Palmer and everyone in the Authority.

Hailey tried to get both of them to shut up, according to her the Authority had the ability to hear every conversation between witches. This bit of paranoid information wasn't shocking to Lilly, she knew there was a Hex bag that made a private conversation between a Coven heard across the world. This hex was something she had to look out for at Hawthorne Academy.

"Can someone please get Ace on the goddamn phone?" Sage yelled from across the room, "I want to know everything about Link Palmer! I want to know where he eats, sleeps, works, who he has spoken with, slept with and passed by in the freaking mall!"

Hailey heard Jake snicker beside her and the boy leaned over to whisper in her ear, "I love it when Sage goes insane."

Lilly couldn't say the same. She was pretty sure if Sage was any madder the girls head might explode. She looked over to Mason who was lazily lounging on the couch scrolling through his phone, clearly bored and use to Sage's rages while Darcy was preoccupied with Sean trying to get him to calm down.

"What if I scalp him?" Sean muttered as he paced, "That doesn't use powers, the Authority can't get me for that. That will show them."

Darcy followed, "Yeah okay the Authority can't get you but the police definitely can."

Hailey started yelling at everyone to shut up, she was on the computer waiting for Ace to call her back using Skype. They had been waiting since Link and his lackeys left, apparently Ace was away for the summer.

"Where the hell is he?" Sage raged again.

"Calm down Sage, it's not like time is going to help us." Mason mumbled

Sage turned on her heel and glared at her cousin, "When you are Coven leader, Mason, you can make all the decisions and decide when time is important. Until then. Shut. Up."

Mason held up his hands in the I'm innocent gesture as Jake was shaking beside Lilly trying to hold in his laughter. Lilly rolled her eyes and looked over to Hailey on the computer, the girl was waiting and typing on the keyboard hoping probably sending Ace message after message.

It had become clear to Lilly that though Sage, Mason, Jake and Sean didn't believe in the Authority that clearly Link palmer was working with someone. Hopefully Ace could give them more answers because from what she could see the Coven was about ready to tear each other apart.

The sun was in the sky now, people out and about wandering the streets in the overly hot weather while she was stuck inside waiting at a computer. What could Ace tell them that they didn't already know? His dad apparently worked for the Authority but he had also told her that he and his father didn't get along well. Why would the man let him into the Authority secrets?

Greetings from Bangkok! Lilly perked up when she heard the familiar voice. Quickly she was on her feet and next to Hailey by the computer, a full screen image of Ace could be seen smiling and waving. Lilly you popped up pretty quick, good to see you.

She smiled, "You too Ace." She looked behind her at the other members of the Coven when she saw the look on Mason's face. He and Ace had never gotten along and Lilly did move pretty quickly when she heard his voice. But she had chosen Mason, there was no denying that she loved him. Was he still jealous of Ace?

"I don't care for the chit chat." Sage said harshly, "You and Hailey can do that on your own time. What is the Authority and does Lincoln Palmer really work for them?"