Equinox: Chapter 34

Summer

Lilly pulled up to the bookstore, it looked the same as always; quaint and adorable. She was excited to see Sean, it had been almost two months. She jumped out of her car and ran into the store slamming open the door and calling out to her geeky cousin.

"Sean! Where is your lovely face I want to see it!" She ran through the bookcases to the back to the store where Sean was quickly trying to flatten his hair while Darcy was adjusting her shirt. Lilly stopped and glared at both of them before throwing her hands into the air, "Really? You knew I was coming and you decided to mess around anyway?"

Sean shrugged, "Heat of the moment?"

Darcy giggled, "We have to get all our time in now, I'm going to Georgetown in the fall." She looked up at Sean and pinched his cheek, "I'm going to miss his adorable face."

Lilly sighed and hugged her two friends, "Congrats on Georgetown! Is Sage going with you? Darcy nodded and started going on and on about them being roommates again, everything they were going to do, all the parties. The girl was excited.

Dropping off her things she left the apartment to go find the others, none of which were answering their phones. Typical Hailey and Jake. Before she pulled out she spotted Sage walking up towards the store.

"I heard about school." She said after giving Sage a hug, something the other girl wasn't expecting. "Darcy's excited."

Sage rolled her eyes, "She's like a kid waiting for Christmas, it's so ridiculous." She sighed and gave Lilly a once over before continuing, "And you're okay with Mason going?"

"Going where?"

Sage frowned, "He's going to NYU, didn't he tell you?"

Lilly's heart froze for a moment. She completely forgot that Mason would be leaving for school too. She wasn't going back to the Academy for her senior year so their relationship would be long distance anyway but she never thought about him going so far.

She wondered when she was going to see him, if he would meet some other better looking, smarter, closer to him girls in New York. She said by to Sage and drove around looking for any signs of Jake and Hailey, all the while thinking about Mason.

She pulled up to Hailey's house and found the two in her significantly cleaned up backyard basking in the sun. Hailey jumped on her when she saw Lilly approaching and Jake pulled her in for a bear hug.

"So you're telling everyone our Coven disbanded?"

Jake nodded, "We're only two people now. It makes sense and it will make us less of a target."

Hailey continued, "They may try to convince us to join theirs but Jake and I decided that we're going to tell them after last year we want nothing to do with covens."

Lilly nodded and smiled at Hailey. The girl looked so different. She wasn't wearing her signature black clothes or dark makeup. Her hair was neatly done and her swimsuit was pink with polka dots. "You're different." She said to the other girl, who just blushed, "Whose the guy?"

Hailey shook her head but Gossip Queen Jake interrupted, "Oh you know him. Hailey and him bonded after a certain night in the woods." Hailey jabbed Jake in his side with her elbow and Lilly sat there dumbstruck.

She was with Ace now? Never in a thousand years did she think that would happen. Apparently everything had been looking up for Hailey since Lilly left. Her father finally came out of his depression, found a job even a lady friend. Hailey decided that she wanted to give herself a makeover too with a better outlook on life. According to Jake they were still working on the attitude though.