Equinox: Chapter 13

Lilly watched as Darcy threw herself into Sean's arms. The girl was squeezing him tightly and she could hear her sobbed words about how worried she was about him, how much she missed him and how happy he was that he was home.

The rest of the Coven followed suit and hurried across the road. Sean finally released himself from Darcy's clutches and took a step back. Lilly threw her arms around her cousin and gave him a squeeze before stepping back and smacking his chest. "You tool! Where did you go? You didn't call!" She really wanted to slap his face.

Sean took another step back and Lilly got her first look at him, he was more tanned than she had ever seen him, his blue eyes were covered by dark aviators and his dark hair was messy on his head instead of nicely brushed. He was wearing a light jacket over a dark shirt and jeans instead of some sort of geeky shirt or collard tee.

Darcy seemed to have noticed he had changed too and reached to take his glasses off his face, "Where are your glasses?"

"Laser eye surgery, don't need them anymore." His tone was a little off, Sean was normally timid and held back when he spoke. This time he was assertive with a hint of annoyance. He reached out and took the glasses from Darcy and put them back on his face. "It's only been a few months, it's not like I'm back from the dead."

Hailey muttered something about the joke not being funny but it was Sage who spoke out for the group, "Are you kidding me? You were fine all this time and sent nothing of a note to anyone? Even Darcy who loves you more than anyone?"

Sean shrugged and pushed past the group to his jeep, he grabbed a pack of cigarettes from the passenger seat and lit one before answering. "I was just off looking for my real family, I didn't want anyone to wonder where I was or care."

"But why?" Lilly asked, this wasn't the Sean she knew, and she couldn't imagine what Darcy was thinking right now.

"Why what? Why I left, why I didn't tell anyone where I was going or why I didn't bother calling?" Sean sighed and took another drag, "I don't see why I have to answer these questions from a bunch of kids. I'm a god damn adult and can do anything I damn well want."

For a moment they all stood dumbstruck at the outburst, the last time Lilly had seen him become angry was when Norah had her hands on Darcy and according to Jake and Hailey that was the only time they had seen Sean angry too.

Now he was standing there in front of them acting like someone else, actually he was acting more like the new and less improved Mason. "So you don't want to tell us where you went?" She pressed, no way was she going back to school without finding out where the hell Sean had been.

The others around them started asking their own question, each one raising their voice so they could be heard over everyone else. Finally Sean told them all to be quiet and let them into the store behind them so they could talk in private.

"Fine you all want to know where I have been for a few months, California. I did some research and found out who my parents were. I ended up liking it out there and stayed longer than I intended to."

That explained the tan but made Lilly question the change in his personality? "That's all you did? Just hang out in California with the beautiful people?" She questioned.

"No I worked. In a gay bar because men find me attractive and atainable so I got a couple hundred dollars in tips every night working the bar and making guys think they have a chance with me."

"You worked in a gay bar to make extra money? And flirted with a bunch of guys so they gave you more cash and you gave them false hope?" Jake's voice rose over the group. He was rubbing his eyes in exasperation, "Are you kidding me? That is horrible!"