Equinox: Chapter 6

Jake and Lilly had to convince Hailey not to storm down to Jake’s room to yell at Mason. Apparently all summer he had be playing the drunk card to not show up at meetings, be an ass hole, and according to Sage not show up at home for days at a time. Rumour even had it at one point his Aunt, Rita, had to go to Salem to bail him out of prison. But it was only rumour...

Hailey had been the one to share the bed with Jake, something that didn’t impress either of them as they had been having sleepovers much of their lives they knew sharing the bed was annoying. Lilly had offered hers but neither would budge, both were stubborn.

It was hard to sleep that night with so many things going on. Mainly classes were starting the next day and Lilly had no idea where she was going or if she would know someone in each of her classes. Hailey informed her that schedules were given to them that morning because classes were picked from hobbies, skills and interests. She didn’t even want to ask how the school would have gotten information like that.

Then there was the whole Mason situation and his apparent spiral into alcoholism, ass holeness and general lack of caring about himself or others. Hailey and Jake didn’t seem concerned, neither did Sage or Darcy but from more of an outsiders perspective Lilly thought Mason was on a downward spiral to a complete Charlie Sheen like break down.

At first the idea of running into him and dealing with everything seemed awful, the thought that he was going to accuse her of everything that happened formed knots in the bottom of her stomach but now part of her wanted to bang on his door and give him a piece of her mind. She wasn’t worth his life falling apart, or him end up jumping off a building or getting into an accident. Maybe talking to him sooner rather than later would be beneficial?

“Lilly!” She had fallen asleep? Lilly popper her eyes open and looked around the room, Hailey was standing over her, her hair in a loose bun on her head while a toothbrush hung out of her mouth. In the background Lilly could hear 30 seconds to Mars playing from the other girls laptop, “Get your butt out of bed we have places to be!”

Lilly groaned and covered her face with the pillow, “It’s so early.”

Hailey pulled off the pillow, “I know but I am not waiting around for you. Hurry. Your. Ass. Up.” The pillow was dropped back on her head and Hailey closed the bathroom door. Lilly groaned and stretched as she got out of the bed. Pushing open the bathroom door Hailey’s hair was out of the bun and the girl was applying makeup.

The bathroom routine was something they would have to work on. While Lilly needed to pee Hailey wanted to use the better lighting and bigger mirror to do her makeup so Lilly had to wait. While Lilly wanted the mirror and sink Hailey needed to use the bathroom because apparently in the morning she does the double pee, which is pee once when you get up and pee again before you go anywhere. Whatever it was it was irritating.

Lilly also didn’t like Hailey’s choice is getting ready music. Lots of Green Day type bands but not as good, that was something else they were going to have an argument about.

Now waiting for Hailey to decide what top to wear, Lilly’s thoughts went to Jake and Mason’s morning and wondered what the two boys would be doing. Jake probably was already awake and ready to go and Mason was probably taking his sweet time or just not going to school if his downward spiral was anything like everyone was saying it was.

When Hailey was ready they grabbed their empty bags and made their way down to the dining hall. Hailey brought Lilly to a side room that looked like a post office with cubbies on the walls with students names on them, “Mail comes here.” The other girl said as she pulled out a slip of pink paper from her mailbox.

Lilly went to hers and peered over her classes while Hailey’s hand grabbed her around the arm and dragged her out of the room. While they made their way to the table where Jake was sitting she looked over the familiar classes. English, Math, Science, History, Drama, Art, Trig, Lit studies, gym...it was like being at a normal high school including other random electives she was apparently sighed up for, and they were things she would enjoy like music, computer design and cooking.