Equinox: Chapter 25

Lilly had her head leaning against the window of Sean's jeep driving back to Hawthorne Academy. She managed to convince Sean to go to Boston with her for Christmas, he was family. It took a long time and a lot of convincing but when he finally got there she knew he did enjoy his time with a real family.

"So I kept up my end of the bargain." Lilly said to him, thankfully the roads had been plowed and salted since the snow storm, "I didn't mention Darcy for the entire break. What are you guys doing with your relationship."

Sean sighed in defeat. He had only agreed to go to Boston with her if she promised not to mention, ask, question or nag about Darcy. Lilly had agreed but the questions were burning in her head the entire time. Before they left Willow Creek Sean had spent most of the time they were locked in his apartment talking with Darcy in his room, not to come out and not to be disturbed by anyone. Naturally Lilly assumed they had a major conversation about their relationship and because she was nosy she wanted to know every last detail.

"We decided to take it slow." Sean mumbled keeping his eyes on the road. Though he claimed to be different he was still the same. Old Sean never took his eyes off the road and drove with both hands on the wheel. New Sean did the same.

Lilly rolled her eyes, "Obviously you're going to take it slow. I want to know the dirty details, everything you talked about, everything she blamed on you."

She really wanted to make sure Darcy wasn't the one bending over backwards for Sean. He left her, he broke her heart. Why would she be the one to compromise with him? He would have to be the one kissing her ass trying to get back in her good graces. And Lilly could only assume the girl raised under the bitch wing of Sage would be hard to impress after a tremendous heart break.

"We just talked out what happened with each other in the months I was away. She told me how she felt, how depressed she was and wanted to know what I was like in those months."

"And?"

Sean sighed, "I lied. About a lot of the things that happened in California." His fingers were drumming on the steering wheel awkwardly, "I stayed in a house with five girls, but I didn't sleep with any of them. I didn't touch another girl the entire time I was away."

Why would he lie about who he had slept with? Why would be tell lies to make himself look worse than he actually was?

Before Lilly could ask why Sean answered the question for her. "I thought someone as great as Darcy would have moved on in that time and if I was miserable she would have some sort of satisfaction. I made up everything so I wouldn't look so pathetic."

Lilly nodded her head, "So you didn't work in a gay bar?"

"That I did because it's good money and I didn't need experience."

"Gotcha. But couldn't you have called Darcy to tell her you were ok? She thought the worst things happened to you."

At Sean's questioning sideways glance, she could have slapped herself on the head, or thrown herself out of the car. Had she just lectured him about leaving without a word? Leaving without so much of a phone call? She would chalk up their abandonment issues to blood but she wasn't blood related to Sean seeing as Norah killed his parents and kidnapped him when he was five.

She had done the same thing as him, left everything behind without another word. The only difference is Sean elected to return whereas she was forced to. Lilly had thought many times about if she wasn't forced to return to the Coven would she have ever gone back to Willow Creek?

Sean, probably becoming awkward with the silence cleared his throat. "So have you been working this out with Mason?"

"What? No! Why would you ask that?" Everyone had been asleep when they spoke the other night. What had Sean seen or heard that made him think they were getting back together, "Look, Mason and I have been talking, that's it. Not even just as friends. The whole thing with the car kind of bonded us in a life or death moment of friendship...another one, so we are trying to see more eye to eye."