Equinox: Chapter 31

Mason and Ace were ready to pounce. Both boys standing on edge, both boys with their eyes trained on Norah.

"I'm not going to fight Ace." Mason said to the psychotic woman standing next to the fire.

Ace nodded his head, "Yeah I want nothing to do with this."

Norah laughed and turned her back to Lilly. "Oh you boys are going to fight each other. I want to know which one of you has the guys and the grit to take the other out. I hear you are less then fond of each other, why not take our your hate where no one will judge you?"

Because neither boy was a violent, psycho killer Lilly thought to herself. There was no way Mason or Ace would fight the other, let alone kill the other. Sure they hated each other, and sure they have almost come to blows several times in the hallways but they wouldn't want the other one dead.

The boys, mainly Mason were throwing insults at Norah. Lilly cringed each time Mason opened his mouth and called her a psychopath, a bitch, a fucking...well not even she wanted to say the c-word he chose to use so elegantly.

And amazingly as he yelled out the nasty things she deserved to be called, Norah didn't do anything, she didn't say anything! She stood there watching Mason perfectly still. Lilly could see her lack of response was pissing him off more so his words became harsher. She looked over to Ace who was standing silently next to Mason as though they were a team now.

She knew she needed to free herself from the binds. She knew that if Mason kept running his mouth Norah would just kill him. This wasn't smart, they needed to make her talk, they needed to stall her and buy time for the other to escape and then work together to take her out.

If you need time I can get it for you hunny bunny. Was that Cleo? Lilly looked around with the little mobility she had in her neck to see if the woman was standing. Stop being so obvious! God this is why I don't ever share plans with kids. Back on track, you were right about distracting her. She can only be stopped at the strike of midnight of the full equinox.

Lilly had no idea what the woman was talking about, she also wasn't sure how to respond to Cleo. Did she answer out loud or in her head? How come Cleo could read minds and when the hell could Lilly get that power?

I promise if you get out of his hunny bunny I will teach you the secrets of mind reading. Fantastic, now back on track, Mason and Ace are going to have to fight each other.

Lilly shook her head, No I don't want them hurting each other! Though her and Ace had a fight and weren't together anymore she still had feelings for him, she still cared for him and his well being. He was a fantastic boyfriend, and an even better friend.

Then there was Mason, her first love. The bad boy who really wasn't that bad underneath the rough exterior. She still love him, she still wanted him but everything was so complicated between them that even if they got out of this night alive she would have no idea where they were going.

Lilly trust me, they need to fight. Norah is connected to Hazel right now and if the boys attack right now and Norah is killed they will both turn into Sine Anima. Do you want two more of those running around? Lilly shuddered at the thought. "That's what I thought. Now just play along."

Lilly felt a breeze blow past her, was Cleo invisible too? She shook her head and looked back to the scene unfolding in front of her. Mason was still mouth off at Norah while she stood there taking it, she could see Ace had given up on trying to stop Mason and was looking back at the others.

"-useless fucking cu-" Mason's sentence was cut off and with a wave of her hand, Norah sent him flying backwards. Mason landed hard on the ground with a thud between the trees where the others were hanging. He sat up and shook his head, dazed,