Solstice: Chapter 3

Night came all too soon and someone was crashing through the apartment calling her name. Lilly's lids slowly opened, Hailey called her name again. The girl didn't know the meaning of the word quiet.

She groaned and contemplated going out the window and hiding from the insane girl, and Jake. Wherever Hailey went Jake was not far behind, and vice versa. Before she had time to escape her bedroom the door crashed open and someone was shaking her shoulder. "Get up! I know you're faking."

God Hailey was lucky Lilly liked her. She groaned and turned to see Hailey and Jake standing over her. Hailey was wearing her signature black though she was missing her thick eyeliner and makeup. She was a very slender girl with not an inch of fat on her, short too with a white blonde mess of hair that fell messily to her waist.

Jake was the polar opposite from his best friend. Where Hailey looked like she just rolled out of bed Jake looked like he just stepped off a GAP photo shoot. His hair was always perfectly styled with gel sticking up on his head. His clothes fit his toned frame. Most girls fell in love with him when they met, when they find out he was gay hearts got broken. And he loved it.

Lilly groaned and rolled over, frowning at her two friends, "The only reason I'm not arguing with you is because I want to know what this Authority is."

Jake snickered, "The only thing you need to know is they are not real. That's the short version-"

Hailey cut him off, "Ace says completely different."

Jake and Lilly exchanged a quick look, both smirking. Hailey and Ace have been quietly seeing each from the end of the school year. Hailey didn't talk about it much, Lilly thought it may be because she felt bad for dating her ex-boyfriend but Lilly didn't care, she also didn't really know how to bring it up without Hailey getting offended.

They had attempted a relationship in the school year, Lilly and Ace, and it was good. He was thoughtful, funny, romantic, loving and caring but she maybe screwed it up when she blamed him for all the deaths happening in the school.

As it turns out it wasn't Ace, he wasn't even involved. Norah even kidnapped Ace and made him fight Mason in a fist battle the loser becoming her sacrifice to bring life back into Hazel Essex. Ace beat up Mason pretty badly, but only to distract Norah. Ace was a black belt and if he wanted to kill Mason he could easily.

Hailey and Jake were muttering to each other while Lilly slowly climbed out of bed. She was covered in sweat from head to foot but it was too close to midnight to shower before the meeting. Quickly splashing water in her face she pulled on a loose tank and some shorts before meeting the other two in the kitchen. "So is there a reason I was woken up by you guys and not Mason?"

"We wanted to see you." Jake said quickly, too quickly, he was cutting Hailey off from answering with a smart ass comment.

She was starving, Lilly looked in the fridge for something to eat but came up empty. The only thing around the kitchen was a pot of coffee from the morning so she grabbed a traveler and poured the ice cold coffee in adding milk, sugar and ice to make her home made iced coffee.

It was disgusting.

Hailey was playing with a spoon on the table while Jake was flipping through the paper. Lilly did miss them and their banter. She assumed Hailey wanted to get her because she hadn't been around in a while spending all her time with Mason.

With Hailey's beckoning in the background all three of them were out the door and hopping into Jake's car heading towards Black Lake. Though it was almost midnight the heat was sweltering, beads of sweat were slowing trickling down her back making her stick to the seat.