21. You Keep Me Going

(This Chapter is gonna have a time jump in it because I haven't written it in so long i kinda forgot how the story went 😂😂)

*Elijah*

Day 3
(Back in California)

"Hey. Baby get up. We're here."
I shook Paris until he woke up.

We were finally back in Cali. Thank God.

Paris has been asleep ever since yesterday, so I know he didn't really eat anything.

He rubbed his eyes and stood up. I helped him off the bus and the security guards pulled out our suitcases for us.

"Thank you." I waved as we walked inside.

Everybody else was in the waiting area whining about being hungry and wanting to go home.

"Okay here's the deal." Nicki announced while August and Jeremiah stood beside her.

The rest of them stopped talking and paid Nicki their full attention.

"Me and August are taking the bus to my house to get our cars and we will be taking you guys home and Jeremiah will be here with y'all til I get back. Okay? "

"YES! THANK GOD!!" Kevin and Zoe screamed. 

"I can't wait to lay back in my bed again!" Paris said. Ally and Jacob agreed with him.

"I gotta pee dammit." Jacob took off to the bathroom. The girls went themselves. Kevin almost immediately fell asleep once he sat down.

I glanced at Mike and noticed how he was staring Into space like he was heartbroken.

I sat next to him and grabbed his arm.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. Just worried about my mom. I want to see her before I go to your house."

I stared at him for a second. I know how it is to worry about your mom but by the look on his face, I could tell it wasn't just that. But I didn't want to question him about it at the moment.

"Okay. I'll make sure you see her first." I patted his shoulder before he suddenly grabbed my arm to stop me from walking away.

"And I just wonna say I apologize for hurting you and Jacob. You guys mean the world to me. I've been feeling guilty since the day we all almost fell off. That day was kinda scary for me."

"I know."

I couldn't agree more with him.

"If anything, I'm not gonna risk our friendship. I'll do anything to keep it alive."

"Well Everything's fine now." I shrugged. "Right?"

"Yeah. I guess." He sighed, staring down at his promise ring.

"I wanna cry bruh." He mumbled under his breath. I assumed he still felt bad, so I pulled him in a short embrace.

"Everything's Alright. Don't be crying bro. Hold that in and keep it moving. Everything will be alright." I assured him.

"I know." He mumbled shortly before I let him go. "I'm gonna go check on Jacob."

I watched as he left to the bathroom.

~🙄~

During the ride to Mike's mom's place, Jacob was asleep on Mike's shoulder while he was listening to music with his eyes closed. Mike wasn't talking to us like he usually does.

He was still in his mood I guess.

Everyone else already got dropped off to their houses, so it was only the 3 of us and Nicki.

I stared at the neighborhoods quickly passing by. I had a lot of thoughts on my mind.

August and Jeremiah were getting married soon.

Mike is getting taller and darker by the second. His voice was getting deeper.

Jacob was losing his baby face. He was getting some facial hair and his accent got stronger. He's still a bit childish but he's maturing. He doesn't like wasting precious time anymore and he sticks up for himself more.

Kevin is more aggressive than usual. He isn't that playful like he use to be. He's more serious.

I been trying to stay out of trouble. And i've been getting taller.

Ally is almost taller than Jacob and she's very smart. She has a smart mouth too.

Zoe keeps to herself but sticks around like Sherida does.

Paris definitely matured. He's overprotective and fights for what's his. And he respects my friends which I respect him for.

Rather if any of us likes it or not, we all were growing up.
Soon to be Adults.
After this year, we won't have to go to school anymore. And soon enough, we will be living on our own.

Life was just passing us by and none of us would've noticed unless we really thought about it. And I knew I couldn't keep clinging to my best friends like they were babies, or like we were together. Even if I've known them for so long.

Especially if I'm in a relationship. A gay one at that. Either way, it was disrespectful to Paris and it would cause problems in the long run.

In this situation called Life, things can change any minute. Anything can happen. Good or bad.
Scary but true.

I had to put in my part to keep our friendship strong as long as possible. I didn't want to lose any of them. Even Nicki and the crew. They stayed by our side and done so much for us, I don't know what I'd do without them.

They're our favorite supporters.

I loved all of them. Every single one of them.

They keep me going.

They keep us going.

I never want to lose any of them.

________________________

It's been nearly a year since I last updated. That's crazy but I read the whole story over so I could finish this.

If any of you remember Old School Love, the Milijah story I unpublished, I'm bringing it back just because I like it a lot. I fixed all of the chapters and I'm making more, but I won't be publishing it until I'm finished with this. Or at least almost finished.

Mindless Behavior isn't my cup of tea anymore to write about, but it doesn't hurt to finish the stories I started.

And if anyone's looking for Show The World, the first Royce fanfiction I ever published, I took it off.

I don't like it at all. The shit is wack LMAO 🙄😂

Until Next Time!