Maxx Danziger's Song: Dream a Little Dream of Me

It was the perfect night. Maxx had set up a small star-gazing area in the backyard, complete with telescope, tripod and camera, champagne, and chocolate.

"Maxx! You didn't have to do all of this! It's just my half-birthday. Save your best stuff for the real one." I smiled.

"I couldn't wait that long!" He whined.

"Alright, alright." I chuckled and sat down. He sat next to me and we started to point out constellations and what we thought were planets or helicopters.

Stars shining bright above you

Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"

Birds singing in the sycamore tree

Dream a little dream of me

"I'm telling you, that's the International Space Station!" Maxx argued.

I squinted at the sky and shook my head. "No way! It's way too bright. That is totally Venus!" I countered.

"Says who?"

"Says me!"

"Fine, whatever." He rolled his eye and tried, unsuccessfully, to hide his smile.

I gave him a cheeky grin before whispering. "I'm right and you know it."

"What was that?" He asked, pretending to not have heard me.

I gave him another cheesy smile. "Nothing Maxxie!"

"That's not what I heard. I heard you say you were right." He pushed me over and I glared at him with a smile on my lips.

Say "Night-ie night" and kiss me

Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me

While I'm alone and blue as can be

Dream a little dream of me

After sitting in silence for a few minutes, I spoke up. "I'll have some champagne now, if you don't mind."

"Comin right up Cutie." He kissed my lips quickly, before struggling to pop the cork.

"Careful Maxx." I warned.

"I, got it." He said, before the cork exploded. It bounced off a tree before hitting me smack in the eye.

Stars fading, but I linger on, dear

Still craving your kiss

I'm longing to linger till dawn, dear

Just saying this

"AGH! WHAT THE, AGH." I winced in pain, placing my hand on my throbbing eyeball.

"Oh my God! Y/n, I'm so sorry! Here let me take a look." He gently took my hand away from my eye to examine it.

"Is it swollen?" I asked, still biting back tears.

"Yeah, it looks pretty bad." He looked so insanely guilty, I felt bad. "Hang on, I'll go get you some ice, ok?"

"Ok." I whispered, finally letting the tears roll.

He ran inside and came back out in less than a minute with an ice pack, water, and some pain medication. "Here." He placed it on my eye and I held it into place. I swallowed the medicine with the water and sighed.

He pulled me into his arms and kept whispering he was sorry over and over again.

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you

Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you

But in your dreams whatever they be

Dream a little dream of me

"Maxx, it's fine." I said after a while. "I think the swelling is going down." I turned to look at him and lowered the ice pack.

He checked my eye again and gave me a weak smile. "Yeah, a little bit. But I still feel awful."

"You couldn't have known how much pressure was in that bottle. It's fine, I promise." I gave him an encouraging smile and he loosened up a little.

"If you say so Sweetie."

Stars fading, but I linger on, dear

Still craving your kiss

I'm longing to linger till dawn, dear

Just saying this

We drank some champagne, had some chocolates, and took pictures of the stars for what felt like an eternity; an eternity I never wanted to end.

"It's getting late." Maxx observed. I hummed in response. "How's your eye?"

"Well, the meds must be working because I can't really feel anything." I replied, still staring at the night sky above me.

"That's good." He stated before it was silent again. I gave a soft sigh and he held me tighter.

But all good things must come to an end. I tried to stifle my yawn, but it came out anyways. Maxx looked over at me and smiled.

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you

Sweet dreams that leave all worries far behind you

But in your dreams whatever they be

Dream a little dream of me

"Tired Darling?" I nodded.

He picked me up bridal-style and started to head towards our bedroom. "Nightie-night Danziger." I mumbled before nodding off.

He kissed my lips before whispering back, "I love you Y/n."