Summer is Here!

(A/N This is a belated Fourth of July chapter for all you Americans! Other than that this is just a little something something for summer! I'm currently trying to write several ideas at once for this story so be prepared for copious updates while also receiving edits to all the scenarios!)

Cody Carson:

I looked at the open cardboard box before me. I pulled out my notebook and pencil and started to check off the items.

"Hot dogs? Check. Buns? Check. Chips? Check. Drinks? Check. Marshmallows? Check. Graham crackers? Check. That best thing in the entire universe, a.k.a. Hershey chocolate bars? Check check check!" I stated.

Cody poked his head from around the corner and smiled. "Got everything?"

I nodded. "Just need to pack it up." I lifted the box up and headed towards the front door.

"Awesome. After you." He gestured to let me go before him. I kissed his cheek as I passed and loaded the box into the back of his car. He tossed me the keys and winked. "You drive."

"Really?" I tried to contain my shriek of delight. Cody NEVER let me drive his car because it was like his baby or something stupid like that.

"Yeah really. It's high time I let you drive it anyways." He replied with a shrug. I gave a squeal and hugged him hard. I then slid into the driver's side and started her up. Oh how she roared to life; it gave me chills! I backed out of the driveway and we headed out to the campsite.

When we arrived, I threw the keys back to Cody and got the box out of the back. We headed to the fire ring, where Dan was already trying to start a fire. Maxx was busy looking for firewood around the campsite and Zach was finishing pitching the tents. I set the box down on an old picnic table and breathed in some of that good, ole fashioned fresh air.

Once the fire was blazing and there was a good pile of firewood, we started the cook out. We had hotdogs, chips, and a bit of alcohol. After we ate, Zach got out some sparklers and some small fireworks.

A mischievous thought crossed my mind. I leaned over to Maxx and whispered, "Watch this." I threw an entire box of sparklers into the fire and the fire blazed brighter and whiter. Cody jumped back in shock and almost smacked his head on the picnic table. We all laughed and Dan slapped me on the back.

When we finally got hungry again, we started making s'mores. I started toasting my first marshmallow when it caught fire. "AH! FIRE!" I hollered and started to blow it out. Soon I had a black, charred mess on a stick. "Aww!" I pouted.

Cody nudged me. "Better luck next time kiddo."

"Kiddo? Really?" I laughed and nudged him back. He broke his s'more in half and gave some to me. (A/n AWW! That's so sweet!)

Once the s'mores were eaten, we all started sharing stories. I told the story of how my sibling and I used to be huge pyromaniacs, while waving a large stick on fire around. The guys were a bit freaked out but I assured them I knew what I was doing.

After that little scare, I yawned and smiled. "Welp, I'm gonna turn in for the night. Nighty night boys. See you in the morning."

"Night Y/n!"

"Sweet dreams!"

"Don't let the mosquitoes bite, even though there are practically thousands of them."

"Mind if I join you Diamond Girl?" Cody begged and I rolled my eyes.

"Fine. But don't get any ideas Mister!" I scolded wagging my finger at him.