He Meets Your Family

Cody Carson:

(A/N F/T stands for Football Team but they can't be the Eagles, sorry. Also I'm giving you a BIG family, not unlike my own. *wink wink*)

"You never told me your family was die hard (F/T) fans." Cody gulped and I bit my lip and tapped on the lid of the pasta salad I made. I had forgotten that my dad had a F/N sticker on the back of his truck.

"Must've slipped my mind." I shrugged. "But it's not like they're playing against the Eagles today."

"True." He mumbled and followed me up the steps to the front door.

After a sharp knock, my mother answered the door and shrieked. "Y/N! YOU'RE HOME!"

And that's when the whole L/N clan came filing in and swarmed me into a large hug. I smiled as they pulled away and pushed the retreating Cody in front of me. "And this is Cody my boyfriend." I said, handing the pasta salad to my grandma.

Instantly, my dad, brothers, male cousins, grandpas, and uncles were asking him questions and threatening to kill him if he broke my heart. Since my family is about 75% male, he was being bombarded from all sides. My mom, sister, female cousins, grandmas, and aunts just shook their heads and laughed with me.

"So Cody." One of my cousins, Brennan, spoke up. "Do you like football?"

This was it, the big question. He better not blow it. "I love football!" He exclaimed and I breathed a sigh of relief as my family smiled.

"Well wanna play out back? We were going to play a bit before the game." My other cousin, Logan, asked and Cody nodded.

As three quarters of the family filed out of the room, the other quarter headed into the kitchen to get everything ready for lunch.

"He's a cutie Y/n." My Aunt Patti winked.

"And a keeper." My Grandma added.

I shook my head. "You always do this. But you're right, I think I caught a good one this time."

"'About time." My sister slung her arm over my shoulder and I rolled my eyes.

"Indeed. I want some grandkids soon." My mother threatened both of us and we laughed.

"GAME'S ON!" I yelled out the window and they all came running in to get a good spot on the couches or floor. "Also we made snacks." I added.

My sister and cousins got the food out as the game started. I glanced at the TV before almost dropping the popcorn on my Uncle Timm. The game they were watching was none other than the Eagles vs. F/T. I looked at COdy and he gave me a worried look. I snuck back in the kitchen and started to pace.

"Yo, what's up sissy?" My sister asked, swinging into the kitchen.

"Cody's an Eagles fan." I blurted out.

She started laughing. "Oh well I can't miss this can I!" And with that she left me to worry in the kitchen.

"WHAT? THAT WAS NOT A TOUCHDOWN!" I heard my dad scream and my other family members bad-mouthing the TV.

"I think it was." Cody piped up.

"What're you trying to say?" My cousin Luke growled and I sweatdropped.

"I'm a diehard Eagles fan." He admitted and my hands started to shake.

The room went silent before my dad spoke up again. "Well, at least you're not a (least favorite team)." Everyone laughed and I thanked luck for the sign of approval. And then my dad just HAD to say, "But if you're not a Minnesota Wild fan, than you can never see my daughter again."