Your (Set It Off) Song!

Cody Carson:

Diamond Girl- It was only a nightmare but it scared me. I quick called up Cody and he had to calm me down. I cried harder and admitted I was so upset that he saw me so vulnerable. He assured me that it was fine and he knew what I was felling. He explained he too had a history with realistic nightmares. But he assured me that they were just dreams and I had nothing to be afraid of. I told him about how I always felt like I had to be so mature for everyone and that I get nightmares when I'm under a lot of stress. He promised me that I didn't have to be so mature and uptight around him, and to prove it, he sang me Diamond Girl, at 2:30 in the morning, right before a recording a few hours later. Since then, that song always has a special place in my heart.

Maxx Danziger:

(A/n Slight trigger warning to certain fans. I do apologize for rubbing salt in that wound.)

Dream Catcher- I had reached a rough point in my life. I was SO homesick and I wasn't fitting in well with the fast-paced life of a personal assistant. The scheduling, the fans, the dozens of concerts and interviews; it was just too much! I tried to explain it to Maxx, but he was always too busy doing other things for the band. So I started to distance myself. I slipped into the beautiful world of music, listening to Black Veil Brides, Pierce the Veil, Sleeping with Sirens, and-dare I say it-My Chemical Romance, just to keep my calm. Fortunately some of the other crew members took notice of my antisocialness and discussed it with Maxx. He felt awful and wanted to make it up to me. One day I came home, stressed and tired, and I saw Maxx waiting for me. He handed me a package and inside was a stunning dream catcher with a note saying, "You're not alone. I'm sorry for not being there, but I am now. You don't need to worry about work or life; I will be your foundation, your home. That is, if you'll be my Dream Catcher?" I burst into happy tears and we listened to Dream Catcher before falling asleep, together.

Zach DeWall:

Forever Stuck in Our Youth- I was invited to a party during spring break down in Florida and I HAD to take Zach with me. While we were driving to the party in a cramped rental car, I got this song stuck in my head. At first I was only humming, but then I realized I was singing. I stopped and looked out the window embarrassed. Zach only laughed and started singing where I left off. I gave a nervous laugh before joining him. Before we knew it, we were singing any songs we knew at the top of our lungs and finished by singing Forever Stuck in Our Youth when we arrived. We laughed at all the weird looks everyone gave us, before hitting the bar and pool!

Dan Clermont:

Upside Down- When I first heard Dan playing the trumpet, I knew I wanted to learn. After a few failed attempts on my own, I swallowed my pride and asked him to teach me. He was more than happy to spend a half an hour a day to teach me. He was very kind and patient about the whole thing, and I caught on rather quickly. While he worked at the studio, I practiced on my own with a certain song. When he came home after Warped Tour one year, I gave him a private concert and I played the trumpet solo in Upside Down. He adored it immensely and it became our song.