You Learn of Your Feelings for Him

Cody Carson:

To be honest, I was surprised when Cody asked me for help with Spanish. I didn't think he would be the one to make the first move. I felt like I would be the one to ask to tutor. Nevertheless, I'm not going to hate on him for asking first. If anything, I found it sweet and endearing. He seemed so shy around me and then he asks for my help. I would be stupid to say no to him.

I smiled to myself. Just thinking about him filled my stomach with butterflies. "Clarinet" was just, well, perfect to me. He had a sincere smile, a sweet laugh, and kind eyes. He had humor and wit to spare and always knew how I was feeling and how to help. What kind of girl wouldn't fall for someone like that? Yeah! Who cares if I'm thinking of my best friend as more than a friend?! Who cares if I LOVE my best friend?!?!

I stopped. I LOVE my best friend. Those words kept echoing through my head with such force it felt like a headache was coming on. Are we honestly more than friends? Was there actually something more?

I started to get excited. Something more! There HAD to be something more! I couldn't just be imagining this! There was something there and it was as plain as the nose on my face! I needed to tell Cody as soon as possible! As soon as I lay eyes on him next, I'll let him know that I love him! Yes! I LOVE CODY CARSON!

I raced around the corner and nearly fainted. My prayers had been answered! There he was standing, right in front of my face, looking as if he had something to say.

Maxx Danziger:

I was depressed and moping in my bathroom like a three-year-old. I was sitting next to the toilet and I'm pretty sure if anyone walked in on me they'd have thought I was hungover. But I had never touched a drop liquor and was instead crying over my job. My perfect job that was no more; nothing but Ancient History at this point. The hours were good, the wages were better, and the customers were pure perfection. Of course, I'm being biased by saying that because I was only thinking of one person in particular.

Zach DeWall. Just kidding! It was Maxx. Mr. Maxx Danziger himself, with his beautiful hair and sparkly eyes. A girl sure could get lost in those eyes of his. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually had a girlfriend. I sighed to myself and wiped my eyes for the fifteenth time today. Every time I thought about Maxx, I felt better about the whole situation. But then I'd remember my job or the possibility of him having a girlfriend that wasn't me, and I would get all depressed again.

Without really thinking, my eyes flitted to my phone and I smiled again, letting out a pathetic chuckle. What was I thinking? Calling Maxx? Nah, that would be stupid, idiotic bliss right there. I shouldn't, but I wanted to so bad.

Without thinking, I picked up my phone, unlocked it, and found Maxx's phone number. I was about to call when it started to buzz in my hand. I was getting a call from Maxx. Maxx? Maxx Danziger? Maxx with not one, but two Xs? Was this some cruel trick of fate? Did he think the same way about me, the way I thought about him? I sure hoped so.

I stared at my phone stupidly before taking a deep breath, clicking accept, and saying, "Hello?"

Zach DeWall:

Twenty-six girls said no. Sure Sabrina said maybe, but I doubt she'll let me stay more than three days. I still hadn't found a roommate and I was on a deadline. Jeanette's girlfriend would be back in a week and I had to get out of here before then. Heidi didn't particularly like me, but she put up with me for Jeanette's sake, though only in small increments of time.

Speaking of which, Jeanette was currently looking over my shoulder reading my list of girls who said no and who I still needed to ask, which was considerably shorter. Squinting, she whistled, "Wow. Twenty-six rejections. You certainly have made a reputation for yourself. I bet that's a new world record." She tapped her chin thoughtfully.

"SHUT UP! I blame Samantha for kicking me out in the first place." I grumbled, knowing she had to have spread rumors about me being an awful roommate.

"Why don't you ask your boyfriend?" She teased. "I'm sure he'd love it if you lived with him."

I punched her in the arm playfully. "Haha, you're so funny Jeanette. He already has like four roommates! It would be stupid and awkward if I just so happened to show up."

"Then don't just so happen to show up." She giggled and winked at me before walking off to go do whatever Jeanettes do.

I sighed and laid down on the couch, in hopes of taking a quick power nap before calling another girl in hopes of gaining a roommate and a place to stay. After a few seconds of attempting to sleep, I rolled over onto my side and growled. I was bored and I wanted to do something.

Then, like an answer from the heavens, the sun burst through the clouds and shone down upon me through the curtains. Turning to face it, I smiled and blinked at its brightness. "I think I want to go outside," I said to myself. "And I think I want to spend my time outside with a certain someone special."

Taking my phone out of my pocket, I shot a certain someone a text and set it on the table waiting for it to buzz with his response.

Dan Clermont:

I smiled at Twitter, ecstatic. Last nights party was great and I had an awesome time. Sure, I didn't do so well on that essay in English, but I can easily make up for it in the next unit. Besides, my English teacher, Miss. Heathson loves me.

So many people were tweeting about that party and I was surprised Dan wasn't there. He seemed like he would've enjoyed his time. I at least would've enjoyed my time a lot more if he was there. I blushed to myself, butterflies flapping around like dying fish in my stomach. He always did this to me; any little thought and instant dying butterflies. I knew what it meant to, but it just seemed too impossible for me.

Or was it really that impossible? Could the funny and charming Daniel Clermont actually be the one for me? My heart soared at the thought. I was tempted to ask him on Twitter, but I couldn't bring myself to type it out. I shook my head and locked my phone, right as it started to buzz, notifying me someone had texted me.

Confused, I opened my phone again to see that I had received a text from Dan. I instantly knew what it meant. He liked me too! I knew it! I just knew it he liked me! I almost screamed with excitement at the words typed neatly in front of me.

Dan: Hey can I talk to you?