May You Always Be Satisfied

Eliza tensed as The Wedding March started to play. The time had finally come! She watched as Hercules walked ahead, throwing flower petals gracefully. She looked up at her father, who kissed her on the head.

"I'm so proud of you." He said warmly.

"Thanks dad." Eliza said despite the unhealthy amount of butterflies in her stomach.

She breathed out slowly and took her first step into the courtyard.

Everyone turned their heads and stood up to see the bride. Eliza blushed as she walked down the aisle wearing a long white sleeveless dress with silver embroidery. She wore her purple high heels and a veil on top of her dark bun.

(Based on Philippa's dress from the Tony Awards...)

It was undeniable

It was undeniable. Eliza looked stunning and everyone knew it.

Soon enough, she reached the altar. She let go of her father's arm and he walked off to the side. She then stepped up and stood across from Alex, holding hands.

His eyes seemed to dance in the sunlight. "You look gorgeous!" He told her quietly.

Eliza's heart skipped a beat. "You look dashing yourself."

The priest signaled everyone to sit down. "We are gathered here today to unite these two people in marriage..."

The rest was a blur to Eliza. After a while, the couple both said their vows and exchanged the rings. Even that was a bit cloudy. All she remembered was staring into those beautiful eyes and smiling until her cheeks hurt.

"Elizabeth Schuyler, do you take this man, Alexander Hamilton, to be your lawful and beloved husband? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health and be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." Eliza said, feeling her heart flutter more.

"Alexander Hamilton, do you take this woman, Elizabeth Schuyler, to be your lawful and beloved wife? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health and be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." Alex said.

"By the power vested in me I now pronounce you husband and wife. Alexander, you may kiss the bride-"

The priest barely finished his words by the time Alex took Eliza's waist and pulled her into a kiss. The guests clapped and cheered politely while Herc, Laurens, and Laf screamed at the top of their lungs.

The priest said loudly, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to introduce for the first time, Mrs. And Mr. Hamilton!"

An hour later at the reception...

The reception was a blast. Everyone was talking, laughing, and drinking. It was even more magical than the Winter's Ball.

There were several tables across the room. In the center of the room, seated the groom and bride, the best man, the maid of honor and bridesmaid.

"Hey, where's Laf and Hercules?" Peggy asked. Angelica scanned around until she found the dynamic duo flirting with some women.

She scoffed. "I think they're both content where they are."

Alex chuckled. "It's just like them to do that... even on my wedding day."

"How did Hercules end up becoming the flower boy?" Eliza asked curiously.

"Flower man." Laurens corrected her. "Trust me, he'll get very upset if you say that in front of him." She shuddered as if having a bad memory.

"He just really wanted the job." Alex said straightforwardly. "I didn't think it was necessary to ask."

Angelica smiled. "Well, I'm gonna call them over."

She stood up and whistled to get their attention. "You goofballs, get over here!"

The two men gave each other a strange look, but they proceeded to walk over and take their seats.

"Ah Angelica." Lafayette said. "Finally giving into my beauty and manliness?"

She scrunched up her nose. "No. Not ever."

"Well it was worth a try." He laughed goofily and patted his friend on the back, which caused Herc to spill his glass on the table.

"By the way," Angelica added. "Maybe you two should lay off on the alcohol for the night. You don't want to get in trouble on this social occasion, do you?"

Laurens laughed. "Angelica's on your tails even on her sister's wedding day!"

"That's Angelica for you." Peggy said.

Then they all chatted more until Alex elbowed his best man in the arm. He said something to him that was inaudible to Angelica, so she was surprised when Laurens stood up and clanked his spoon on his glass.

"May I have your attention! Today is the day my best friend and his girlfriend-well now wife-are bonded till the rest of their lives. Hope you have fun with that buddy."

The guests laughed at his joke but quieted down as he continued. Angelica didn't really pay attention and played with the wine in her glass.

"Alright alright! That's what I'm talking about! Now everybody, give it up for the maid of honor, Angelica Schuyler!" Angelica tensed when she heard her name.

Shoot! She cursed under her breath. I forgot about my speech. Guess I'll have to improvise...

She stood up and cleared her voice. "I would just like to say... that I love my little sister very dearly. And I know she hates when I call her that but it's true." She said winking at the bride.

"I know that if there's any man who will love her and treat her right, it's this man right here. And that's all I could ever hope for my dearest sister."

Peggy sat up straight to protest and Angelica added, "And Peggy, of course."

The guests laughed and clapped cheerfully. Angelica was always good at making speeches, even if she was making it on the spot.

"So now, I would like to give a toast." She raised her glass and everyone followed.

"A toast to the groom!" Angelica said.

"To the groom!" Everyone, but the groom, repeated.

"To the bride!" She cheered.

"To the bride!" Everyone but the bride, repeated.

"From your sister, who is always by your side!" Angelica said, grinning widely.

Then it all happened like a big flashback. She suddenly remembered that night, the worst night of her life. A night filled with hopes and dreams, only for those hopes and dreams to be crushed and leave behind heartbreak and regret. She felt pain, excruciating pain in her chest. She doubled over, stunning the guests, and dropped her glass.

"Angelica! What's wrong?" She heard Eliza say.

She tried to get rid of the memories. Tried to stick them in the back of her brain like she always did.

But she failed.

It was like she relived it all over again. The love she felt when she saw him. Then the painful sacrifice when she gave him up. Seeing their relationship grow every single day, not being able to do anything about it. Watching them kiss as they said their "I do"s.

It was as if all her worst regrets and sadness and were attacking her at this moment.

And she couldn't stop it.

Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder and she was jerked out of her trance. She looked up to see her sister's face, etched with worry and her dark locks falling out of its place in the bun.

Angelica rubbed her cheeks when she felt something wet on her fingers.    

She had been crying.

"Angelica what happened?" Alex asked nearby. "Did you get hur-"

Then, surprising everyone in the room a second time, Angelica stood straight up and said, "To the groom!"

Everyone was taken aback from what just happened. She couldn't blame them. One moment, she was randomly crying on the floor and the next she stood up as if nothing had happened. But still, she would have to play it off if she didn't want to start drama.

"T-to the bride!" She continued, feeling her cheeks getting warm. Luckily, a few people joined in, making it less awkward.

"From your sister," she said this while she held Eliza tightly in a hug.

"Who is always by your side!" Eliza was moved by her sister's sudden emotion, and felt her own eyes getting watery from it.

"To your union and the hope that you provide! May you always be satisfied." She finished. Everyone clapped politely and sat back down in their seats. It was almost as if they had forgotten what had happened. Or at least, they were dismissing it, thinking it was just a trick to make people pay attention. Either way, it's better than knowing the truth.

Angelica sat back down and sighed. The reception was almost over. In less than thirty minutes, the guests would leave and she would be alone. That's all she wanted right now. To be secluded from everyone and her thoughts.

She told her sisters that she was fine and that they shouldn't worry about her. After all, it was the day of her sister's wedding; it was no wonder why she was emotional.

Angelica laughed to herself. That sentence probably had the most complex meaning in the universe.

Right after the guests left, she excused herself to her room. She changed into her night clothes and curled up in her bed.

She cried herself to sleep that night.