Winter Valentines

Fort Tyron Park was only half a block away from the Schuyler Mansion. Eliza was so excited, she barely even fixed herself up before coming out of her house and running down the street. She wore a white wool sweater and a green denim jacket on top. She also had black leggings with brown boots and a red scarf to top it off.

It was her favorite winter outfit and now she was wearing it to her date.
Will he be glad to see me? Eliza asked herself. What if he's different from the ball? No, stop it Eliza. This is going to be a great time. She pushed these thoughts out of her mind and focused on her steady beating heart. Soon enough, she made it.

The red and yellow leaves on the trees were already gone and there were piles of snow everywhere. Eliza's boots made a click clack sound as they hit the stone floor and she sat down at a bench. She looked into the distant horizon and saw a great big mountain also covered in more white trees. It was a beautiful sight.    

Eliza sat in that bench for five minutes, impatiently tapping her foot to a beat stuck in her head. She was starting to get worried until she heard footsteps behind her.

Click clack. Eliza turned around and smiled at who appeared. "Look who finally decided to show up."

Alex's POV (I lied but who cares XD)

Alex still couldn't believe Lafayette for setting him up like that. He should've known better than to leave Laf alone in a room with his phone. He just wanted to get some coffee from the kitchen d*mn it! But now he had no choice to go, especially since he didn't want to upset his girlfriend's sister, who secretly terrified him.

He tucked his cold hands into his pockets and let out a steamy breath. Why did New York have to be so cold? Back in the Caribbean, it never got colder than 70 degrees! Even though Alex would never admit it, he completely lost it when he first saw snow; it was just so unnatural!

I really need to get some gloves.  Alex thought. Well... if I ever have the money to. It was true. The incredibly intelligent and independent immigrant was utterly poor. His small apartment was for rent and he even needed help from his friends to pay it off! Well, Alex  had never had the chance to live in fortune before anyways.

He turned the corner and saw the entrance to the park a little up ahead. He walked in and started looking for a place to sit. But as he came across his favorite bench, he found a girl sitting there. As he came closer, he recognized her graceful shoulders and her thin, raven black hair.

She turned around and met his eyes. "Look who finally decided to show up." She smiled, so he knew she wasn't mad at him.

"Eliza." He said startled. "I really hope I didn't make you wait too long. I didn't expect you to come so quickly."

"It's fine. My house is only half a block from here and I've enjoyed the view." She stood up and Alex restrained himself from gasping but he could feel his cheeks reddening. She looked just as beautiful wearing casual clothes as she did in her blue formal dress on the Winter's Ball. Her eyes twinkled and her black hair framed her cute, round face perfectly as she smiled.

"I uh- I have to agree; the view is amazing." Alex said as smoothly as he could with his twisted tongue.

After a few moments, Eliza understood and her cheeks flushed. "Oh my gosh Alex!"

"What? You really do look amazing!" Alex said, smiling as well. He extended his hand to her and she hesitantly grabbed it. "C'mon, I've got a lot of cool things to show you." And together, they headed off into the tranquility of the park, holding hands and never looking back.