I'll Never Be Satisfied

Angelica didn't intend to fall in love with Alexander Hamilton. She didn't mean for any of this to happen. She's heard the rumors of the young man being an incredible flirt, but she disregarded the fact, not thinking it would have any effect on her. Foolish Angelica.

One moment, Angelica was the center of the ballroom. She as in control while she flirted with the men and told jokes. Then another moment, Alexander was in front of her, with that irresistible, dashing smile.

"You strike me, as a woman who's never been satisfied." The dark haired man said to her.

Angelica scoffed. Who was this man to tell her what kind of woman she was? "I don't know what you mean. You forget yourself."

"You're like me," he said. "I'm never satisfied with anything."

"Is that right?" Angelica asked, not sure where this conversation was going.

"I've never been satisfied." He replied. He took her hand gently and kissed it. Did he intend to gain her hand with this ridiculous way of flirting? Whatever he was doing, it was working. Angelica could feel her cheeks reddening but was determined to keep her ground.

"My name is Angelica Schuyler."

"Alexander Hamilton." He took a step closer.

"Where's your family from?" Angelica stepped forward too so now they were almost nose to nose.

He backed up suddenly with a slight, but noticeable look of pain on his face. His hands started fidgeting, he looked askance, but he forcefully smiled back at her.

"That's... unimportant. But there's a million things I haven't done yet but just you wait! It'll be great."

She made sure not to mention his family again and the rest of their conversation went well. They talked for a few more minutes and every second of it was like being in heaven. They had similar interests and everything. His smooth voice carried out his bold words fluently. He was a man with daring thoughts, ideas, and beliefs. That perhaps made Angelica like him more.

Suddenly there was a loud commotion from the other side of the room.

"That's my cue." Alexander said. "I have to make sure my friends don't  drink too much for their own good."

"Ah yes. I remember the scene at the cafe in Manhattan." Angelica said, wondering how he would respond.

"The cafe in Manhattan?" He repeated confused. "Oh yes I remember; you were looking beautiful that night as well." Angelica blushed. So that wink wasn't a figment of her imagination.

"Anyways, it was a pleasure speaking with you tonight." He smiled at her one last time before walking away.

"The pleasure was all mine!" Angelica said. She smiled to herself and started looking for her sisters to tell them what had happened, when she bumped into Eliza in the center of the room.

"Sorry miss!" Was all she said before she started dashing off.

Angelica caught her by the arm and chuckled, "Eliza? You're so busy that you don't even recognize your sister?"

"Sorry! I was just trying to catch up with him." Angelica looked to where her sister was pointing and a wave of dismay fell on her. She looked back at Eliza and saw that her sister was lovestruck. She could see it in her eyes. She was helpless.

Within half of a second, Angelica knew what to do. "Remember that I love you Eliza."

Angelica headed towards Alexander, each step bringing her pain for what she was about to do. Without any explanation or greeting, she grabbed his arm and led him away, ignoring the catcalls and laughter of his friends.

"Where are you taking me?" He asked nervously.

"I'm about to change your life." Angelica said, realizing that sounded a bit too flirty.

"Then by all means lead the way." Alexander smirked. She brought him in front of Eliza, who was not trying to hide her red face at all, and watched as they talked. Angelica's heart sinked when he kissed Eliza's hand tenderly like he had with hers no more than ten minutes ago.

It was getting too painful to watch now. "I'll leave you to it!" Angelica gave Eliza a thumbs up despite the feeling of her shattered heart falling on the floor.

Why are you doing this? Angelica scolded herself. Now you'll never be satisfied...

But Angelica knew why she'd done it. She did it all for her sister's sake. The sister she lived more than anyone else in the world. Even more than herself. She tried to convince herself that as long as Eliza was happy, she was happy.

That didn't last long.

The next night, while Angelica was getting snacks from the kitchen, a letter arrived at the mansion. Angelica looked at the envelope and it read:

To Eliza Schuyler

Angelica's heart seemed to stop. It had to be from him. She knew it. She stood there for a whole minute wondering what she should do with it. She wanted to destroy it. She wanted to do it so badly. She wanted to rip it with her bare hands and throw it down the toilet, never to be seen again. Eliza would never know about his letter and Alexander would stop writing letters to her.

"Angelica?" Eliza's voice called from upstairs. "Are you still getting those snacks for the movie? Peggy is getting really impatient!"

Angelica snapped out of her trance. She grabbed the bowl of popcorn already pre-buttered by one of the maids and walked upstairs to the TV room. She found her two sisters sitting on the couch wearing their colorful pajamas.

"Finally!" Peggy said. "I've been craving that buttery goodness for the whole day!"

Eliza rolled her eyes at her sister. "You crave too many fat foods Peggy. Can't you wish for salads and fresh vegetables instead?"

"Do salads have butter on them?" Peggy asked sarcastically. "I don't think so."

Looking over at Angelica, Peggy cocked her head. "What's that in your hand?"

"Uh...oh this!" Angelica exclaimed. She passed the letter to a confused Eliza and her eyes lit up when she saw who it was from.

"Oh my gosh! It's from Alex! I recognize his handwriting from when he wrote down his number on a-AHH!" She covered her mouth to keep herself from revealing anything else while Peggy laughed hysterically.

"You got his number? Lucky you~" Peggy smirked. "Wait why would he send you a letter when he could just text you?"

"A letter gives more advantages than a text message." Angelica said. "Perhaps he wants to be more personal... and romantic!"

"Shut up!" Eliza said, embarrassed. It probably didn't help that Peggy was making silly kissy faces.

"You should read it." Angelica told her.

Eliza looked up at her. "Right now?"

Angelica helped her up. "Oh yes right now! Go read that letter the boy of your dreams wrote for you and don't sleep until you've written him just as good of a letter!"

Eliza was astonished at Angelica's sudden passion but didn't try to stop her. Once Eliza closed the door to her room, Angelica sat next to Peggy on the couch.

"Ah young love. Isn't it beautiful?" Peggy joked.

Angelica forced a smile, and turned the other way with a tear falling down her cheek. "Yes. Yes it is."