A Winter's Ball

*This chapter's gonna be in Alex's PO because there's more details that we don't get in this sisters' PO. But don't worry! It will be back to normal in the next chapter!

The time had finally come. The night everyone's been waiting for. Men wore sharp suits and the women wore fancy, beautiful dresses to match their own beauty. There was a professional band playing music and the ball room was big enough to fit hundreds of people.

Everyone was so elegant, poised, and wealthy. What was a bastard orphan like Alex doing here?

Alex and his friends John, Lafayette, and Hercules were outside the huge Schuyler mansion. Alex could hear the orchestral music and the light from the chandeliers were pouring out through the windows. He put his hands in his suit pocket and let out a sigh.

"Mon ami! Do not put your hands in your pocket." Lafayette told him. "You look nervous when you do."

Probably because I am nervous. Alex thought, but he did what his friend told him to do.

"Alex, are you ok?" John asked him, concern etched on his freckled face.

"I'm good." Alex said. "I mean it's not like everyone's going to judge me for being the poorest person here!"

"Is that what your worried about?" Hercules asked.

"You idiot." John smiled. "You're Alexander Hamilton, George Washington's favorite aide. You out of all of us belong here the most."

"I don't think that is completely true," Lafayette said. "but you have no need to worry mon ami."

John glared at the tall Frenchman but Alex wasn't mad. He was glad to have them as his friends.

"Oh look who's here guys!" Hercules said. Alex turned around to find Burr walking up to them.

"Well, if it isn't Aaron Burr!" Alex greeted.

"Sir!" Aaron said politely.

"I didn't think dances were your type of thing." Alex said.

"I didn't think looking sharp was your type of thing." Aaron responded. "But I guess we were both wrong." Alex smiled at this and pulled Burr forward.

"Why don't we go in together?" Alex suggested. "Ya know, as two fellow orphans."

Aaron chuckled. "As fellow orphans!"

The doors opened and the five men were amazed by the extravaganza. Although the party had just started thirty minutes ago, almost a hundred people were already dancing, talking, and drinking.

John pointed at the bar at the end of the room. "Alright! Free booze! let's go boys!" Lafayette and Hercules gave a whoop and followed John.

Alex was about to follow them but Burr pulled Alex back by the arm. "Don't get too drunk tonight Alexander."

Alex gave him a confused look. "Wasn't planning to. Why?"

"Remember this is the Schuyler's ball. They will be looking for suitors of their oldest daughters." Aaron smirked. "If you could marry a sister, you're rich son."

Alex smirked back. "Is it a question of if Burr, or which one?'"

Aaron laughed. "Have a good night Alexander." Alex gave him a salute and went to find his friends.