Askin for His Blessing

The three sisters were sitting on the floor right next to the door leading into the dinning room; the room where Alex and Mr. Schuyler were "discussing the marriage."

Eliza was peeking through a crack in the door to try to pick up as much as she could when Angelica gave her a hard poke.

"Hey!" Eliza whisper-yelled.

"Sorry sis, but you look like you've just jumped in the pool! You're shaking like crazy!" Angelica said amused.

"I'm trying to hear what they're saying!" Eliza snapped. "This has to go perfectly. If not, Dad will never let me marry Alexander!

"Calm down girl." Peggy said.

"Angelica's right. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about!"

Eliza frowned. She was obviously not convinced. "Oh! I think I heard something!"

She poked her head through the door again and strained her neck as far as possible without getting noticed. Angelica and Peggy looked at each other and sighed. They both knew Eliza wasn't going to give up, so they joined their sister and looked through the  crack.

"I can't hear anything!" Peggy said.

"Maybe we would if you were quiet!" Angelica said, curious to hear their conversation now as well.

"Hold on, I'm going to open the door more." Eliza said. Grabbing the door handle, she tried to quietly move the door. Emphasis on tried. Eliza cringed as the door creaaaked open. Luckily, neither of the men seemed to notice.

"That's better." Eliza sighed.

"Yeah, I can see much better now." Angelica commented.

"Look! Dad's walking over here!" Peggy said.

Eliza jerked her head in surprise. "Oh my gosh, what's he gonna do?!"

The sisters watched in tense silence as their father's footsteps got closer. Eliza couldn't help but feel as if they were through. Finally he approached Alex and as the young man stood up, Philip Schuyler shook his hand.

"You're a good man, Hamilton. Just... stay true." He smiled at him.

Alex looked up at his future father-in-law. "Th-thank you! Thank you so much!"

Before he had a chance to say anything, Eliza flung open the door and kissed her fiancé hard. She felt happiness fill up her heart and she couldn't stop smiling.

"Whooo!" Eliza hollered loudly.

Then Alex started dancing goofily right when Mr. Schuyler reappeared. He stopped immediately and awkwardly grabbed a glass and took a sip.

Eliza walked up to Alex and they laughed joyfully as they hugged each other tightly.

"Congratulations." Angelica said to them. "I'm so happy for you!"

"I've been shipping you guys since day one!" Peggy said pridefully.

"Go on," Angelica said. "You two can talk about the wedding and do other lovey-dovey stuff. Peggy and I will be here."

Eliza gave them a grateful look and led her future husband to her room.

"Eliza." Alex started as he sat on her bed. "I don't have a dollar to my name, an acre of land, a troop to command, or a dollop of fame. All I have is my honor, a tolerance for pain, a couple of college credits, and my top notch brain. It's insane; your family brings out a different side of me! Peggy confides in me, Angelica tried to take a bite of me.."

"What?" Eliza asked.

"But don't stress," Alex said as he lifted her chin up gently. "My love for you is never in doubt. We'll get a little place in Harlem and we'll figure it out."   

His eyes flashed with pain. "I've been living without a family since I was a child; my father left, my mother died, I grew up buck wild. But I'll never forget my mother's face that was real, and as long as I'm alive Eliza swear to God you'll never feel helpless!"

"I'm sure you won't." Eliza said. Then they cuddled for thirty minutes until they both fell asleep in each other's warmth.

One month later...

It took a whole month to plan the wedding. It was taking place outside the Schuyler Mansion which was filled with about one hundred chairs all decorated by white ribbons and flowers from the garden.

The cake was very extravagant, with ten layers and authentic white chocolate and rose petals decorating the plate. Just like the cake, the whole estate was covered with layers of ribbons and other decorations that made the Mansion even more beautiful.

The whole place turned out to be more perfect than Alex or Eliza could've imagined.

By the next hour, all the seats were filled and the guests were waiting in anticipation for the wedding to begin.

Alex walked up to the altar looking very handsome in his black suit and his hair neatly tied back in a ponytail. He felt quite uncomfortable as the guests watched him intently. However, the presence of his best man, John Laurens, and Lafayette, his groomsman, standing next to him, calmed him down.

He saw Angelica, the maid of honor, Peggy and the other bridesmaids standing across from him. He met eyes with the eldest sister and she smiled at him encouragingly. Soon enough, Eliza would walk down the aisle arm in arm with her father. She would then stand in front of Alex and he would be wedded to the woman he loved with all his heart.

He knew exactly what was going to happen. He had read a whole book about weddings, marriage, and all the laws and regulations. However, he still felt his heart racing when he heard the familiar tune of the Wedding March playing. He turned his head with everyone else as they watched for the bride to appear.

*Uuuhh I'm lazyyyy!!! This took so long to write for some reason help X_X I'll try to write more often from now on!