24. Nowhere

The walk from my bedroom to Zac's office seems to take an eternity.

     I stride as calmly as possible, but I just need to tell him what has only just recently come into my knowledge. The urge is indisputable and I cannot ignore it.

     I don't really know what I am supposed to say. It has only been a few hours since we fought, should I just ignore it?

     I want to hate him right now, I do, but I just have to tell him. My pace quickens and I have to remind myself to slow down.

     What if he doesn't say it back? Might he not love me in return? What if he is ashamed of me?

     I stop dead in my tracks.

     My heartbeat accelerates and I suck in a deep breath. I need to think all of this through, why am I rushing? There is time. I need time because he might not return the feeling...

     And then I decide that I don't care because he has to know either way. No matter what happens, I love him. I love him, dear god I love him.

     I am going to give him hell when the sun rises but for now, for a few minutes, I will forget.

     Suddenly my hand is on the cool gold doorknob. I twist it opened.

     There he is, in his chair, asleep, shirtless, gorgeous. I enter and close the door behind me quietly. He snores lightly. I make my way around his desk and turn his chair to the side. I lightly place my hand on his arm and rub up and down, smiling tinily.

     He groans and his eyes blink a few times while dropping tiredly. "What?"

     "Zac." I sigh, wanting him to be awake for this.

     He hums and scrunched up his face in confusion. His eyes are suddenly a bit brighter. "Liv?"

     "Wake up." I command and he moans while stretching and sitting up in his chair.

     My wolf whistles and I blush.

    He sighs and now looks very awake, yet a deep frown drags his face down. "Liv, I need to tell you-"

     "Shush. It can wait until the morning. Then we will talk about...everything." I nod and pick up his hands from his lap.

     "Okay." He agrees and looks out of the large glass window behind him. "What did you want to say then?"

     "Look at me, Zac." I beg and he does so, differently from before. There was something new in his eyes, but I couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was. "Um, so I was thinking..."

     I swallowed and looked at our intertwined fingers. "We've been through a lot, and I absolutely despise the way you've been treating me recently, but I noticed something that is more important to share with you than an argument."

     I look back to his face. He wears a curious expression and there are slight dark circles around his eyes.

     He must have only been sleeping for a short time.

     I lean over him and sigh, lifting my right arm from the arm of the chair to touch his face. My hand trails down to hold the back of his neck in place and I look him directly in the eye.