4. Declaration

Warning: End of chapter includes sexual content that may not be appropriate for anyone under 14. (It is only minor.)

~~~

I enter the ballroom hurriedly, followed by Mary and Zac. I quickly thank Mary and turn to face the people in the ballroom, all of them looking at us curiously.

     "All rise for his Majesty the King!" A short bald man announces from the back corner of the room, everyone stands and bows toward Zac.

     The room is filled with hundreds of girls, the rest are probably on their way from different countries, they all look confused. The men and women in the room also look confused, they are probably wondering why an unfamiliar girl is standing in front of their Alpha, ready to give orders.

     I make my way to the front of the room and step on to a platform that holds two thrones.

     "The matching and sorting of these young ladies is cancelled this year, thank you ll for coming!" I announce and the room bursts into commotion. Everyone begins to talk, questioning if I speak the truth, and why I am giving orders.

      "Get down from there!" A middle aged man, who appears to have been conducting the matching and sorting, yells at me angrily. "You have no right to give me orders, you are no royal! Now get in line with the rest of the girls!"

     I take a step forward to confront the man but Zac gets there first. I blink and suddenly Zac is standing by my side, his eyes black with fury. The man who yelled at me now looks small and frankly, frightened. I smirk, this should be interesting.

     "You dare speak to her in such a manner? She has every right in the world to give you orders." He growls, the man steps back, now looking regretful. "You will respect your future Queen."

     "Queen?" The man gasps collectively with the rest of the room, all of their eyes on me now. "B-but, King Zachary, can she do this? Can she cancel your father's tradition just because she pleases to?"

     "I can and I will." I state matter-of-factly. Zac turns to me with a smirk"But, not because I please to, it is because these practices are undeniably wrong."

     The man, nods and looks to the ground. "Yes.. your Grace."

     I smile proudly and step around him to go to the girls, all of them in shock. "You will all be escorted back to your homes by those who brought you here. Go safely."

     They all begin to talk and smile happily, racing to leave the room and go back to the cars, back to their homes. I can't help but wonder what my parents are doing. By this time, the guards must have arrived at my pack, packed up all of my bags, gone to my room and found an empty bedroom. They will have searched my entire pack for me, every room in the pack house, every other house on the land. When they didn't find me they would have told my parents that by running away I have committed treason against the King an his law. They would then leave my parents, who are probably happy that I escaped yet unceasingly wondering where I am and what happened to me.

     "Are you alright?"Zac asks me worriedly. I snap out of my thoughts and turn to him with a smile.

     "Yes, I'm fine." I nod then smirk proudly. "How did you like my first order given as Queen?"

     He chuckles. "It was quite the declaration. I didn't think you would just take command like that, I've got to say I'm impressed."

     "Alpha blood runs in my veins already." I shrug. "I wasn't just going to let these girls be sorted and matched for the sake of tradition."