20. Prep

I rush into the dining hall, chipper from last nights affairs. Finally, Zac and I have kissed, and frankly, I cannot get enough of it. after dancing and our kiss and finishing our dinner, Zac gave me a goodnight peck on the lips (which made my heart feel all fluttery) and slept beside me.

     Nothing else happened, and I was gad, because for know, this is enough. That is, I guess, until I go back into heat... I try my best to push the thought from my mind as I perk up again.

     Zac is sitting at the head of the table eating a piece of buttered toast. His plate is filled completely with fried eggs, bacon, cheeses, and shredded leaves of spices. The seat to his right is empty, but Lou sits beside that empty one, enjoying a bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon. The Queen, Zac's mother, is sitting opposite the empty seat, using a knife and fork to cut a slice of french toast. They all are in deep discussion and I feel slightly bad intruding, but remind myself that I have to be more confident with my future family.

     "Good morning," I greet brightly and make my way to the empty seat.

     "Good morning," Lou and Marcia respond in unison.

     I sit and Zac squeezes my hand tightly before leaning over slightly to kiss my cheek quickly. I blush, noticing that, after Zac shows his affection, Marcia and Lou immediately both grin and exchange amused and happy glances. I clear my throat, slightly embarrassed. Before anyone can speak, a servant rushes to my  side.

     "Good morning Your Majesty, what can I get for you this morning?" The thin, balding man in a butler's uniform asks me.

     "Oh, um, whatever is already made, I guess.." I respond and he looks a bit confused. I look to Zac in confusion as well. "Was that wrong?"

     He chuckles and turns to the waiter. "She'll have the Chef's omelet and an orange juice."

     "Of course, Sir." The waiter nods and hurries off and I curse under my breath. once again I managed to make myself look dumb.

     "So," Marcia claps her hands in excitement. "How was your evening, you two?"

     "Oh my god." I exclaim, remembering it happily and looking to Zac, who was sipping on his coffee. "It was amazing and so romantic and just beautiful..."

     "Will we be holding the Pack Initiation Ceremony any time soon?" Marcia asks. Lou makes a snorting sound and goes into a fit of laughter while Zac looks as if he is going to spit out his coffee.

     "Mother!" He groans and she giggles.

     "Um..." I say, unaware of how to respond. "I don't get it."

     Lou tugs on my shirt and, still laughing, says, "She's talking about sex."

     My eyes widen, and suddenly death has never felt more appealing. I feel my face heating quickly, and I can tell that I am bright red.

     "Lou! I was not being that vulgar at all, I was simply curious as to whether the mating process had been completed so we can celebrate appropriately!" The Queen says, defending herself.

     "That makes it sound one hundred times weirder, mother." Lou shakes her head in amusement before sipping her iced tea. She places the class back onto the table and turns to me. "But have you, though?"

     "Oh my god." I choke and look up at the ceiling.

     "Lou, that's enough." Zac states threateningly, and she goes quiet in submission to the King. "Anyway, I thought you could hang out with Liv today while I prepare for my meeting with the Council tomorrow."