17. Pretty

^ picture of Lou attached above
_________

A week later than it would have taken a regular wolf, my weak arm heals and I can have my cast removed. I'm not going to lie, having Zac do everything for me was fun, but it is time to get back to figuring everything out.

My secret has become a casual fact known between the two of us. We have talked a lot about it and discussed how it will effect us. So far it doesn't seem like he wants to leave me.

The cold winds start to warm and the sun heats me on our balcony today. I sit in the light, facing the glass doors that lead to our bedroom, sipping my iced tea and reading.

Zac walks out onto the balcony in a towel. I growl at him. "Can you put something on?"

He gasps/laughs. "Why?"

I glare at him. "Anyone passing bye can see their king in a towel, that doesn't seem very dignified now does it?"

He pouts falsely. "And here I thought you were being cute and possessive."

I smirk. "Sorry to burst your bubble, babe."

He scrunches his nose up and smiles at me. "God I love when you call me babe, babe."

"Right back at you. Now go put some clothes on!" I insist and he goes back inside to get changed.

I kick my feet up on the round glass table in the center of four chairs, in one of which I am sitting.

I look up from my book when there is a loud rumble coming from the driveway leading to the palace. Zac exits the bedroom and gazes out to see what is coming. He squints, trying to see through the sunlight.

"What is it?" I ask and stand up, setting my book on the glass table beside my iced tea.

I look to the driveway. A ruby red convertible speeds down the road with two women in the front seat. The driver appears to be young and is wearing a bright pink head scarf and large sunglasses, the older woman is a brunette with tan skin.

"Oh my god." Zac scoffs happily. "God damn."

"What?" I question him, confused. "Who is that?"

He grabs my hand and doesn't give me time to freak out that he is holding my hand as he pulls me behind him at a run. We race out of our bedroom, to the end of the royal wing, through the central palace floors and wings and to the front doors. Two guards open them and the lovely red car pulls up in front.

The driver steps out elegantly and pulls her head scarf off, uncovering flawless chestnut waved hair. She removes her sunglasses and reveals her pale face with rosy cheeks, seemingly sculpted by the gods perfectly. I instantly feel jealous and inferior to this beautiful creature.

The older woman steps out as well. Her hair is a much deeper shade of brown, more similar to Zac's and her skin is far tanner than the pale girl's.

"Zac!" The two ladies squeal and rush to my mate. He embraces them both tightly as they exchange their hellos. I take a step back from them to allow them space. I smile. They release each other from their hug and they all turn to me. I get a bit anxious.