8. Bigger Problems

I wake to the sound of rustling and whispers. I am in an unfamiliar be in an unfamiliar room. I thought my room was nice, but this puts that room to shame. I ignore the beautifully extravagant room and decide to focus on the whispers.

They are quickly hushed by someone and all of the shadows under the door disperse except for one. I stand up and walk over to the door, quietly and carefully. I reach both a hand to grasp the doorknob but it twists and the door opens before i lay a finger on it.

"You shouldn't be out of bed." Zac says with a frown as his forest green eyes fall on me.

I ignore his previous statement and inquire about the whispering. "What were yo talking about?"

"Get back in bed."

"Don't order me around."

He sighs but does not look deterred. I one movement he lunges and throws me over his shoulder. I squeal and start to laugh as he places me down in the bed gently. It is then that I remember it is not my bed.

"Wait, where are we?" I ask curiously with furrowed eyebrows.

He leans down over me and places his hands on either side of my body as he hovers only inches from me. I feel his hot breath on lips and my neck, making me suck in a sharp breath. My eyes go to his pink lips and my heart begins to race while he bends his head down right beside my ear, his stubble grazing my cheek as he does it.

"My bedroom." He whispers seductively and I shudder at his words. He only chuckles before swiftly leaning back up.

Why is he in such a good mood? The last time we spoke he was mad.

"Why am I here?" I ask, isn't it tradition for me not to be here until out mating night?

"You fainted when we got back, I din't want to leave you alone in your room." He tells me, a more serious tone in his voice now.

"Why did I faint?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"The doctor said you were dehydrated, she's on her way from the pack hospital now to-" He is cut off by the knock on the door. Nobody is usually aloud to be in the royal wing of the palace, but I guess the royal doctor is an exception.

Zac opens the door and lets in woman who looks maybe five years older than us. She has dark brown hair and bright blue eyes, and she is smiling happily.

"Thanks for coming, Angela." Zac nods to her gratefully as she steps inside the door.

"Any time, Zac." She assures him and turns to me.

"You must be Olivia." She says as I sit up in the bed. I am kind of surprised that he calls me by my name and not 'Your Highness', and very happy to have someone not see me as the queen for a moment. "I'm Angela, Zac's cousin."

"I didn't know Zac had any cousins!" I exclaim, shocked.

She laughs. "Neither does most of the Kingdom, I guess that's what happens when you get banished by the King."

"Banished?" I gasp.

"Yep, my mom was banished by her own brother for not wanting to marry a stranger. She found my father, they had me, Zac took power after King number one bit the dust, welcome home family, etcetera etcetera. Anyway, how are you feeling?" She speaks at an incredible speed, I'm surprised her annunciation is so fine. Before I can answer she turns to Zac. "Now is the time for you to leave."