Chapter 45.5

David's POV.

After the trip, and after several practices, we were all finally close to graduating.

I was walking through the halls when Jacobsen stopped me.

"You already know what I'm gonna' ask you." He said, with his head tilted, "What's up?"

I sighed as I turned around to face him, "I haven't found a college yet.." I mumbled as my eyes roamed off.

"Why not?" He asked.

"I dunno," I shrugged, "None of them seem right for me."

He then sighed as he picked up his glasses that were falling half way down his face, "What do you plan on doing once high school is finished?"

I shrugged again, "I dunno."

He let out another disappointed sigh as he walked back towards his classroom.

I turned back around and continued my way.

I was so bummed that I was the only one who didn't find a place to go. Everyone here seems to have found themselves, and I'm nowhere near that.

Liza got into Franklin University, Carly and Erin are going to New York for their school. Alex, Heath, Scotty and Toddy have a college to go to. Hell, Dom has his future planned out more than I do. And he's Dom.

With my head down, I headed back to the class I was supposed to be in. I walked in and plopped down in my seat, still upset.

I rested my head down on my desk when I heard a soft sigh from behind me.

It was Daniel.

I turned around, hesitating when I did so, "You okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah," He mumbled, "Kinda, I guess."

"Whats wrong, bud?"

"I'm getting held back.." He responded.

My facial expression dropped. I thought I was bad.

"Oh," I hummed. I placed my hand on his desk, and tilted my head, "I'm sorry, dude."

"I was supposed to have a 70 percent in Ramos's class and I only have a 69 and he said there's nothing I can do.."

I listened to him, shaking my head after hearing what he said, "That's dumb."

"Yeah, I know." He nodded his head, "I'm not gonna be able to walk with you guys..."

After that point, I didn't know what else to say other than sorry. I slowly turned back around and I finally stopped feeling horrible about myself.

****

"Everybody, can I get your attention?" The teacher yelled through the class.

Everyone, including me, looked up.

"Tomorrow is Graduation! We want all the Seniors who are walking to meet up in the band room early in the morning. There, you will all get ready and get in position to walk out." The teacher explained, "Does everyone know where the band room is?"

Everyone in the room nodded. Majority of the kids have been here since Freshman year, why wouldn't we know where the band room is?

*****

Today was the very last Senior dance.

I had worn my black pants, black t-shirt, black vans and my jean jacket.