Chapter 30.

David's POV.

It was around 5 in the afternoon. I sat on the roof of my house, with my earbuds in, wind flowing at the perfect rate. The sun was just going down. Orange, pink, and blue filled the sky. The colors made the clouds look soft.

It reminded me of Liza.

I swung my feet as I sat over the ledge, disappointed yet again, in myself.

Why does every little thing make me think of Liza? Why am I the one taking the heartbreak, and she's the one living the life? Why.

I watched my feet swing. Sweet Disposition started playing. I immediately skipped it. I was tired of feeling heartbroken.

I looked back up at the sky, then looked beside me, picturing Liza there. I remember the day we sat on the roof and admired the sky. I remember Liza being prettier than the sky. I placed my hand on the empty spot next to me, imagining Liza putting hers on top of mine.

As disappointing as it is, it made me feel better. My mind roamed off. Thinking of her kept me from thinking of her. Ironically enough.

I stared deep into the clouds, picking out different shapes I could see.
My concentration getting lost when I suddenly heard a soft voice.

"Heya', D!" I heard Jessica yell out.

I pulled my earbuds out of my ears, and stared down at her. She had her famous bright smile, as she waved at me.

"Oh, hey, J!" I yelled back, returning the smile and wave.

She motioned her hands, signaling me to go down. I did what she wanted.

I shoved my earbuds into my pocket and climbed down the latter. Before I climbed down, I looked at the spot I was sitting at. I then looked at the spot I imagined Liza sitting at. She turned around to look at me, and then faded away.

I went down, and headed to Jessica. I dusted my hands off, dusty from the latter.

She pulled me in for a hug. She had her arms wrapped around my torso, not around my neck like how Liza does it. She dug her face into my chest, I smiled to myself as I hugged her back. "Someone missed me." I said, mid hug.

"Always." She mumbled against my chest.

We both eventually pulled away from the hug. I stared down at her, and she stared up at me. We had a moment.

"You wanna' go on a walk?" She suddenly asked.

"Sure." I replied.

Her and I began walking. I know I said I didn't have feelings her when I had asked her out, but I don't know, maybe I'm fooling myself.

We walked close to each other, our hands brushing up against each other occasionally. That feeling bringing me back to the night I was Liza's partner in crime. The blue and red night.

"Have you found a college?" Jessica asked, curiously.

"No," I said, shaking my head. I'm over here worrying about girls and stupid boyfriends when I should be focusing on school. "Have you?"

"Nope." She simply said. "We're on the same boat, bud." She told me, as she placed her hand on my shoulder, rubbing it.

I softly smiled, as I stared down at the ground, "Unfortunately."

The sky slowly faded away. The way Liza did on the roof. Why am I still mentioning her?

The sky was now a dark purple. Still so beautiful.

"How's your love life?" Jessica asked,

"Love life?" I repeated, chuckling, "I don't know. I don't have one."