Chapter 19.

David's POV.

It was period change. I was previously in Gym, which is in another building. I grabbed my backpack, and headed out. I held onto both of the straps of my backpack, saying "hi" to a few people that I always see along the way.

Ahead of me, I saw Liza. She was walking with another girl, they were both walking the opposite way of me.

"Should I say Hi?" I thought. We've known each other for awhile now, and we're both pretty comfortable, you would think that wouldn't even be a thought and that I'd just go up to her naturally. But, I don't know. She still makes me nervous, as much as that makes me sound like a complete pussy.

It was too late now to say anything. Both of them had already walked by. I kept my head lowered, as I sighed, walking still.

I saw a shadow behind me, though. Assuming it was some other teen, I ignored it.

"Hey," A soft voice said. Liza's soft voice.

I smiled immediately as I looked up at her, "Hey." I said back to her, happy that I was wrong.

"What, you're not gonna' say hi to me when we walk past each other?" She asked, chuckling afterwards.

"You walked past me?" I asked her, acting as if I didn't see her.

She tilted her head as she held a bland facial expression, "You're gonna' play that one on me?" She said, laughing, "Haven't heard that one before."

I shook my head as I began laughing along with her, "Okay, okay." I admitted, "I was gonna' say hi to you, but," I started, thinking of an excuse to use on that one. "-but, you seemed like you were having a deep conversation with your friend and I didn't want to interrupt it. So..."

She stared at me, with a slight smile on her face, "Nice one, Dobrik." She knew I was lying.

I laughed a little as I playfully pushed her with my elbow.

We kept walking, both of us approaching the entrance of the building. I held the door open, allowing her to walk in first.

She smiled at me, "Thank you." She said as she walked in.

"You're welcome, dude." I said back to her.

We walked towards the elevator, since our school was multiple stories. I pressed the button to send the elevator our way. "Hey, I never got to ask," I started, as I turned to look at her.

"Hm?" Liza hummed.

"What happened to your boyfriend? Vincent, right?" I asked, hesitating.

"Victor." She corrected me. "And, well, nothing. Typical high school relationship; they all end without an actual reason." She started to explain to me, "Sometimes. Or it's a stupid reason."

"Oh." I hummed, as I listened to her. "Sorry if you didn't want to talk about it. I was just curious." I told her.

"You're fine, Dobrik."

The elevator soon came and the two doors slowly opened, I stared as they opened.

I looked at Liza, with a soft smile, "I gotta' head to my class, now." I said to her.

"Alright. So do I." She simply said to me.

I went in for a high five, and she went in for a hug. This always happens. I laughed, so did she.

"Let's hug it out." Liza said.

"Alright."

She wrapped her arms around me, pulling me close to her. Like every hug we've ever shared, she nuzzled her face into the crook of my neck, and I rested my head on top of hers.

Home shouldn't be a person. But fuck, she was my home. A pair of almond brown eyes and a warm heart was my home.

She pulled away, flashing me that smile. That God damned smile. "Catch you later, Dobrik."

I walked into the elevator, pressed number 3, and went back to looking at her. "Catch you later, Koshy." I said back.

The two doors closed, and the whole ride up, I smiled like a complete idiot.

I arrived at the third floor. I walked out, grinning.

I headed to my Reading class, one my friends passing by, "What's with the smile, Dave?" They asked.

I kept smiling, staring at the floor, as I kept walking, "Nothing."