Chapter 12.

David's POV.

Eight in the morning, I walked through the school gates, actually wanting to be here. Immediately I spotted Carly and Erin and made my way towards them.

"Sup, dude." They both said with a head nod. "Hey, guys!" I said as I plopped myself down at the bench they were both at.

"Why so enthusiastic?" Carly asked, chuckling.

"I don't know?" I said, flicking her on the cheek.

Carly laughed as she flicked me back, "Woah. Haven't seen energy from you like that ever since you came here."

I smiled, as I rolled my eyes at her. There is only one person in particular that was the reason for my spontaneous "energy."

"Ugh. I so do not want to be here." Erin said, resting her face in her hand.

"Same." Carly said almost immediately after, mocking Erin's position.

"I do." I simply said.

Carly and Erin both looked at me like I was idiot. "Why?" They both asked, scoffing.

"I dunno." I said. I knew exactly why.

8:45am.

Zane and I were on our way to first period. We both slouched our backs against the wall, as we waited for our English teacher to let everyone in.

From the other side of the hall, I spotted Liza walking. I immediately put my attention on something else other than her so it didn't seem like I was staring at her. I did enough of that yesterday.

As she got closer, though, we made eye contact. She softly smiled as she passed me by. I softly smiled back, looking at her as she passed by.

Zane nudged me, "It's time to go in." He said. I quickly pulled my eyes off Liza and nodded. I followed Zane into the classroom, smiling to myself.

Zane and I headed towards our seats, sitting down at the same time. On my desk was my pink pen and a little note on top.

I grabbed the piece of paper with some confusion. I opened it up and read;

here's your pink pen. you're lucky i'm giving it back lol it's a really good pen. i can see why you have ten million of em. i was in math class class yesterday after we hung out in the hall and i still smelt your scent on the pen, haha. made me miss u a lil. meet me at the courtyard after school though. kinda wanna spend time with you. love, liza. :)

I read that all with a huge smile on my face. I grabbed my pen and decided to put it in my backpack; that was now her pen.

I folded up the note and shoved it into my pocket, my bright smile on my face.

"What are you smiling about?" Zane asked as he pulled out his notebook from his backpack.

"Nothing." I said. I sat there, as I stared off into space, my soft smile still plastered across my face.

***

Throughout the whole school day, the only thing that consumed my thoughts was Liza. Only her. Like always. I was only minutes from being released from my last period. I began feeling anxious, wanting the last few minutes to hurry on by quick. They went by pretty fast, but it felt slow to me.