Chapter 39.

David's POV.

It was 12am, here I was in some shitty alcohol store, being there just to be there. I sat on the curb outside as I threw my hoodie over my head. I looked up as I watched the cars zoom by on the main street.

I heard the door behind me open, footsteps following behind that noise. I didn't bother to turn around, I didn't want it to be anyone I knew. Like Alex or something.

I continued to sit there as I began playing with the strings of my hoodie.

Being alone didn't last long.

The person that walked out came and sat beside me. Without looking up at them, I scooted over just a bit.

"Why're you scooting away, silly?" I heard them ask. That voice was my favorite voice. I looked up at them, it was Liza.

Instantly, I smiled. Then my smile went away when I remembered.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, as she stared at me.

I shrugged.

I felt her eyes move off of me, and on to something else. My heart broke over and over again after everything that has happened this school year.

It was silent. Too silent.

She looked back over at me, a soft smile on her face. She reached over to grab my hands, "Are your hands still bruised?" She asked, as she stared down at them. Both her hands held onto mine, I stared down at them, as I started going back to the memories we shared with our hands pressed against each other's.

I sighed as I gently pulled my hand away from hers. I shook my head in response to tell her no, they aren't bruised anymore.

It got silent again. Too silent.. again.

She then turned my face, as she stared at my lips, "Is your lip okay?" She then asked me.

I pulled my face away, gently so it didn't seem like I was upset at her. I wasn't.

In response again, I nodded my head. Yes, my lip is fine now.

Silence yet again filled between us.

"Why are you acting like this?"

I didn't answer her. Not in words, not in actions.

"Why aren't you talking to me?" She asked.

I couldn't. Not after I realized everything I've caused.

"Please, talk to me." She softly said. She placed her hand on my knee, and I looked down at it. I then pushed her hand away from me, God this hurt.

Liza then stood up, "Alright then." She dusted herself off, "I'll see you at school, I guess." She told me as she started walking away.

I then looked up at Liza as I watched her walk away. No, I didn't want her to leave.

I stood up from where I was sitting, "No," I said.

She stopped and turned around to look at me, "What?"

"Don't leave."

"You're acting like I'm bothering you.."

"You're not."

We stood there for awhile. Silence falling between us yet again. She stared at me, while I stared back.

My eyes started to become glossy. Don't cry, David.

I walked over to her, and with no hesitation at all, I went into her arms. I didn't listen to myself, I immediately broke down.

She held me in her arms, "Why are you crying, David? What's wrong?" She asked as she looked down at me. I made sure her arms didn't move. I dug my face into her shoulder, as I kept crying.

"David.." Liza whispered.

"I'm so sorry." I horribly mumbled.

"Sorry for what, David? Why are you acting like this?"

I wrapped my arms around her, holding onto as if she was the last source of life on earth.

"Everything's my fault." I told her, "I'm sorry for putting you through everything that I've put you through.."

"Nothing's your fault, though."

"Everything is. From us splitting apart to you getting-" I couldn't finish the end of the sentence. I sighed, as I kept sobbing, "Everything bad that has ever happened between us - it's all my fault!"

She held onto me the same way I was holding onto her.

"No, it isn't, David. Stop.."

"I'm sorry I wasn't the way I should've been. I'm sorry I didn't get you sooner.." I told her, barely getting words out, "I'm sorry that I tried to make you jealous with Jessica, that only made it worse. I'm sorry I just let you go. I'm sorry I left you because I'm too scared to stay," My vision was blurry, and my throat started to burn, "I'm sorry I hurt you." I lastly said.

"None of this is your fault, baby.. It's not your fault."

I didn't listen to her.

"I never meant to hurt you.." I told her, as I looked up at her, my eyes swollen and my nose red.

She held my face, as she wiped away my tears, "Stop, David. Calm down for a second," She continued wiping my tears away, "None of this was not your fault. I mean it."

I sniffled as I kept holding onto her.

"It's okay. Everything's okay. We're okay." She calmly told me. Those simple words bringing tears back to my eyes.

I laid my head on her shoulder, as she tighten her grip around me, "It sucks how everything happened. But that's okay, because we're okay.." She kept repeating, "It's okay. We are gonna' be okay."

I sighed as I tightly shut my eyes. I nuzzled my face into her shoulder, feeling the wonderful feeling of home.

"We're okay." I said after her.