Chapter 2.

David's POV.

A month rolled by and things were going smoothly. I didn't hang out with Dom, Mason and Corrina anymore. Alex and I barely talked because we hardly seen each other throughout the school days; but we were still very close friends. I met tons of people, and I never had a problem with any of them. I recently started hanging out with Zane, Scotty, Heath, Toddy and Elton. Which was pretty alright for me. The only thing is, I still didn't know who Liza was.

It was a couple of days before the first dance for the juniors and seniors.

"You're going to the dance, right?" Heath asked me.

"Yeah, I'm going," I responded, "I heard they're boring, though."

"Eh. They kinda' are if you just stand there the whole time." He told me, a laugh following after his statement. His laugh was pretty contagious so I couldn't help but laugh along with him.

Those few days rolled by fast and it was finally the day of the dance. I wasn't that excited, though, if I'm being honest.

Zane, Scotty and Toddy were out dancing with whoever was willing to dance with them and Heath and Elton were going around annoying people. And I just sat on the ground with my back against the wall with Alex. We watched everyone else, basically. I giggled a few times watching how idiotically everyone was dancing.

"I'mma' head to the bathroom for a little, wanna come?" Alex asked.

"No. I'm good," I told him, watching him as he stood up.

He nodded, as he dusted himself off. "Alrighty. Save my spot." He walked off and I stayed there, still giggling at Zane and Scotty.

Alex came back and we kept sitting there. Liza soon came over to us. Not sure what made her come to us, though.

"Hey, Alex." She said, plopping herself down next to him.

"Hey, Liza." He said back to her. She peeked her head out enough for her to see me, "And, hello, David."

I nodded my head at her and went right back to watching everyone.

Alex and Liza talked pretty much the whole time and at one point I joined the conversation.

I stared at her the whole time, admiring every feature of her. Maybe I didn't find her attractive a month ago when I glanced at her but I was head in deep now. Beautiful thing, huh?

I spent that night trying to make her laugh, like how Alex was, but I wasn't doing a very good job at it. I kept staring at her, but I was so unaware about it. She would catch me a few times staring but she didn't seem like it was bothering her.

Her voice was soft and low. Her laugh was obnoxiously loud but it showed her enthusiasm and that was cute to me. Her way of explaining things was something you'd have to see for yourself. She was truly attractive and I kinda' felt stupid for not thinking that before.

This lame, shitty junior and senior dance didn't end up to be so boring after all.