Chapter 10.

David's POV.

It's been weeks since Liza has talked to me. Yup, she's still being distant. Yup, I'm still staring at her like she's the best thing in the world. There's been days where my heart felt heavy, days where I struggled to keep my tears back, days where only a smile from Liza would make me feel better, days where I didn't have a "real" reason to be sad. I missed her. And I so desperately wish she would at least say hi to me. I always see her and Victor hugging during period changes, kissing during lunch time, laughing after school. I played it off like it didn't bother me. But fuck, it tore me apart.

* * *

I was on my way to lunch period when I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. I wasn't in the best mood, so I didn't bother to turn around. I kept walking but the taps on my shoulder continued.

"What?" I said with annoyance in my voice. I turned around, my eyebrows furrowed. Then I saw who it was, and my whole mood changed.

"Sorry." Liza said.

"Oh. I wasn't expecting to see you." I said.

"I'm gonna' sit with you at lunch, okay?" She said, and without hesitation I said, "Alright." With a bright smile as if I wasn't angry about all the hurt I was put through and all the jealously I experienced and all the questions I had that I know for sure I'll never get answers to.

* * *

Liza spent the whole lunch period with me. Scotty did question it, along with everyone else, even myself. I was just happy she was talking to me again.

"How has your day been?" Liza asked me, chewing on the last of her food.

"Uh- It has been alright, I guess." I told her, "Just got better." I later add, softly smiling at her.

She nodded, softly smiling back at me.

"How about yours?" I asked.

"It's been alright, I suppose. Not the best currently." She said.

"Oh," I hummed, "How come?"

"I don't wanna talk about it." She simply said.

"Okay."

Time passed and lunch was now over. I didn't want Liza to leave me, and luckily, she didn't.

She walked by my side as we went to throw our trash away and put our trays back. She would walk closer to me, and then scoot away, and then repeat it all over again.

We walked outside. Today we had some "free-time" outside. I was afraid Liza was gonna' drift off and leave, but again, luckily she didn't. She followed me around wherever I went, and I loved it.

I headed towards the basketball courts, and she stayed close to me.

"Ooh, basketball?" Liza finally spoke out.

I turned around, smiling brightly at her, "Yeah. You play?"

"I mean, I don't normally play, but I know how." She said. She motioned her hands at Scotty, telling him to pass the ball. Once Liza had her hands around it, she positioned her feet, and I just stared at her. She was so concentrated, you could literally see it in her face. I just kept staring at her. She shot the ball, and yeah, she didn't really shoot it "right" but she definitely made it in.

I watched the ball as it went through the net. I looked back over at her, with my eyebrows raised, "Nice." I said.

She nodded and took a bow, giggling afterwards.

We spent the rest of our time shooting around. It consisted of me shooting the ball, missing, and Liza yelling out, "You suck." and me yelling back, "You do."

* * *

Liza was still by my side as we both walked back to our next periods.

"Walk me?" Liza asked, as she looked over at me.

"Of course." I responded, looking back down at her.

On our way to English class, Liza's next period, Jessica stopped us.

"Hey, Dave," Jessica said as he went in for a hug.

"Hi," I said. Liza kept walking, and I stood up on my tippy toes to look for her in the crowd, making sure I didn't lose her.

"I gotta go." I told Jessica as I pulled her away from me, keeping my eyes on Liza.

"Oh, okay. See you later, cutie." Jessica said.

I immediately rushed through the crowd, jogging up to Liza.

"Wait up," I said.

She turned around, "You dating Jessica?"

With a raised eyebrow I said, "No?"

"You guys would be cute." She told me, softly punching me in the arm.

I rubbed the spot she punched me in, "Nah." I said.

"Get to Math class, I'll see you later." Liza lastly said as she walked into her class. I watched her as she entered the room, staring at her for some time.

Erin pulled up beside me, "Dude," She said as she softly pushed me to grab my attention, "Let's go to class."

I turned to face her, nodding "Oh. Lets go."

We both walked into our classes, my mind still on Liza.

"How was lunch?" Erin asked me, as we both plopped our backpacks on the ground.

"Good." I said, with a smile.

***