Chapter 40.

David's POV.

Everything Liza told me that night at the alcohol store; was true. Everything is slowly falling back in place.

I went to school Monday morning. I hung out with Zane and Heath in the beginning of class, we made fun of Heath for liking some girl in his computer class.

Monday was the day Liza finally came back to school. Us three were hanging out by the two hallway doors outside when I saw Liza walk in.

"I'll be right back." I told Zane and Heath before I ran off after Liza.

I sped walked through the hallway, trying to catch up to Liza when Mr. Jacobsen stopped me.

"Hey, Boyo." He said.

"Hey, Jacobsen." I said back.

He had completely stopped me.

"Have you found a college or a university you're interested in?" He asked, tilting his glasses down so he could look at me clearly.

"Uh, no, I haven't." I told him, rubbing the back of my head. I started to become anxious, I wanted to talk to Liza. I looked over at her, who was walking even further.

"David, you need to get on top of that. The end of the school year is near. Graduation practice is next week, the last dance is in two weeks. Going to college is extremely important." He lectured.

I turned back to look at him, "Quite honestly, Jacobsen, I don't think I want to go to college." I bluntly told him.

"It's important."

"Yeah, I know. It's just not for me." I spoke. I looked over at Liza, then back at Jacobsen, "I gotta' go, though. I'm running late for a, uh, errand for Hurwitz." I lied, as I continued my way, "I'll see you later, Jacobsen."

"We're gonna' talk about this, David!" He yelled through the hallway, enough for me to hear.

I turned the corner in a rush and was finally caught up.

"Hey, Liza." I said, oddly out of breath.

She turned around, and smiled, "Hey, Dobrik."

I smiled instantly. After hearing her call me by my last name, like how she always did, reassured me that it was really okay.

"Everything good?" I asked, as I ran my fingers through my messy hair.

"Yup!" She replied, giggling quietly. She stood up on her tippy toes, and helped me with my hair, "Were you running right now?" She asked.

"Practically running," I told her, laughing. I warmly smiled, as I allowed her to fix my hair. Imagine being married to her. What a wonderful fucking image.

"Can I get hair? He needs more of it, he's receding!" She jokingly said, as she continued fixing my messy hair.

I playfully pushed her, "Am I?" I asked, with a laugh.

"No, you're not, it's a joke," She joined laughing with me, "But you probably won't use it, though," she pulled away, and booped my nose, "because you're a wittle sensitive."

I laughed a genuine laugh.

"By the way, your sweater I'm keeping for one more day. My mom thinks I should wash it before I give it back to you," She rocked back and forth on her tippy toes, "And your pen, I'll be needing it for a test in this class period."

I playfully rolled my eyes, "You say that about my sweater every timeeeee," I whined.

"Oh, hush up, Dobrik."

"I payed ten dollars for that at Target. Ten dollars, Liza. Ten freakin' -" She interrupted me by sweetly kissing my lips.

"Shut up, ugly." She said, as she pulled away, "Get to class now." She widely smiled at me, as she giggled.

I widely smiled back at her, "Give me one more kiss and I'll get to class," I told her, as I crossed my arms.

She rolled her eyes and then our lips were connected again. Whether I was in her arms, holding her hand, kissing her lips, or simply looking at her, I still felt like I was home.

Anthony walked into the building with his douchebag friends, including Jessica and Brian.

Liza and I didn't pay attention to them at all. I made sure I stayed in front of Liza, I made sure I had her hand in mine. Just protecting her from them.

After all the smooches we shared, I gave her one last kiss on the top of her hand, "Alright, Koshy, I guess I'll make my way to my class now." I told her, as I finally let go.

"Alright, Dobrik, I guess you will." She grinned.

I began heading to my first class. I touched my lips, as I kept replaying everything that just happened.

We are fucking okay!