Chapter 35.

David's POV.

I sat through my English class. Mr. Jacobsen was giving us a lecture about the book we just read. He was going around, asking everybody the same question. Then he got to me.

"David, are you listening?" He asked me.

I blinked as I looked up at him, "Yeah.." I mumbled, fixing my posture.

"If you had one wish, what would it be?"

Without any hesitation, the first thing I thought of was to waste that wish on Liza.

I thought I was moving on.

"Uhh," I hummed as I scratched the back of my head, "I honestly don't know." I told him.

He easily moved onto the next person, without questioning me more.

****

I sat with the boys again during lunch, they were all acting weird still.

"What's your guys' problem?" I asked them, laughing.

None of them answered. They all just shrugged and continued eating their lunch.

With raised eyebrows I looked back at my tray. Alex walked past me, and before he walk any further, I grabbed him to stop him.

"What, you can't say hi?" I brought up the laugh from earlier.

"Hey, David." He said. He pulled himself out of my grip, and continued his way.

I looked back at my tray. Why was everyone acting so strange?

"Have any of you guys' seen Liza?" I asked the boys.

"You mean Jessica?" Toddy said.

"No. Liza." I told him, "I haven't seen her all day."

"She hasn't been here all week.." Zane mumbled.

Heath punched Zane in the shoulder soon after he said that. As if he wasn't allowed to tell me that.

"You guys' are weird.." I said lastly, as I awkwardly laughed.

****

I held onto my backpack straps as I made my way to my next few classes. Almost everyone that I passed bumped into me. It was all a blur.

I then felt two set of hands on me. I immediately got pulled into the girls' restroom. My first thought was Liza.

I brightly grinned, until I found out it was only Jessica.

"What are you doing, Jessica?"

"Hey, babe..." She mumbled as her hands traveled up around my neck.

"Mr. Aiden is gonna' mark me absent if I don't go to his class." I told her, as I pushed her hands away.

"Shhh." She hummed softly, she then crashed her lips onto mine.

I eased up a bit, as I kissed her back. I reversed our position so I was the one in control.

"There you go, Dobrik." She mumbled against my lips.

My lips made their way to her neck. I was leaving kisses,

until I suddenly stopped.

"You okay, babe?" Jessica asked.

I got myself off of her quickly, "I think." I told her.

"You're thinking of Liza, aren't you?" She then asked.

My eyes trailed off, as they filled with tears at the same time, "I'm sorry."

Jessica didn't say anything. She just stared at me, and blinked.

"You know, David," She finally spoke out, "You're pretty damn selfish."

I sighed, "Yeah. I know."

"I'm trying to help you get over this girl who clearly doesn't care about you anymore, and you're not even trying yourself," She continued.

I didn't say anything.

"You're an asshole. Seriously, you are."

"Are you saying that because you're not the one I want?" I asked her.

She scoffed, "Really, David?" She stared at me, as she squinted her eyes, "I'm saying it because you're exactly like Liza."

"What?" I asked.

"You used me to get over her. You're willing to hurt someone else as long as you get what you need at the end," She explained, "Just like Liza."

"Honestly, Jessica, fuck you."

"No, David, fuck you!" She raised her voice before leaving the restrooms.

While I stood there,

my mind completely blank.