Chapter 22.

David's POV.

Friday night, I was laying in bed, scrolling through photos & videos on Instagram. Not really doing anything. Just laying in complete silence.

Complete silence until I heard a knock at the door.

Who could possibly be at my house at 11 o'clock at night? God, I hope it isn't Scotty.

I rolled out of my bed, shoving my phone into my pocket. I placed my hand on the knob, twisted it open, and there she was. Smiling widely. That god damn smile.

It was Liza.

"What are you doing here, dork?" I asked.

"Aw, look at you! With your messy hair," Liza said as she stood up on her tippy toes to ruffle my hair, "I'm here to ask for a favor." She answered.

"Shut up." I said as I pulled away, acting like I didn't enjoy her compliment. "What favor, though?" I asked, raising my left eyebrow.

She mischievously giggled as she rocked back and forth on her tippy toes, "It's a Friday night and..."

"We're not hooking up if that's what you're asking for." I told her, jokingly.

"Oh, God, no." She said, laughing. "No, no. We'll save that for another Friday night. It's Friday, I'm bored, and there's so much trouble to get into right now."

My cheeks immediately became red, even if she was only messing around.

"So you're asking..."

Liza pushed me aside and walked in. She shut the door, took my hand, and guided me to my room. Once we were in my room, she shut the door and locked it.

"Listen, Liza, you said we'd save our sexy time for another Friday night." I reminded her, laughing afterwards to show I was kidding.

"Ha-ha, you're so hilarious." She said sarcastically. "Throw on your hoodie, put your shoes on, and grab your car keys." She instructed.

I dramatically sighed, doing everything she told me to do. "We really gotta' schedule our Friday night, though," I said, in the midst of slipping on my shoes, "Lets do it here since my bed is way more comfy."

"Shut up, David." She said, laughing.

That laugh. That god damn laugh.

I grabbed my keys and stood in front of her with my hoodie on, shoes on, and car keys in hand.

"Okay. What else, Master?" I asked.

"That's it. Come on."

She took my hand again and guided me back outside. We both jumped into my car and without any noise, we both drove off, without a destination.

"Where exactly are we supposed to be going?" I asked.

"Stop by Target, first." She said, as she looked out the window.

"Target?" I said, "We're going shopping?"

"No. You'll see when we get there."