Chapter 26.

David's POV.

It was around 12 o'clock, Liza and I were walking to a park nearby. We talked, talked and talked the whole way there. I cracked a few jokes, all horrible. But she still laughed at them. I stared down at her every time she did. Her nose scrunched up, her eyes got that cute little crinkle at the end, and her eyes also got a small speck of gold in them. Truly beautiful that girl was. An angel. With her contagious laugh and smile, I couldn't help but laugh hysterically along with her. Man, was I falling her for more every minute.

We had both finally arrived at the park. The lights were out, but that didn't stop us. I grabbed her hand and guided her to the grass area. I sat myself down and patted the spot next to me, "Sit. Let's stargaze."

She looked down at me as she giggled, "Okay, astronomy boy." She said, sitting herself next to me.

We both laid back. The night sky looking absolutely beautiful. Almost as beautiful as her.

"Astronomy boy?" I asked, acknowledging it. "I like it."

"Of course you do." She responded back.

I smiled, as I rested both my hands at the back of my head. I moved closer to Liza, slowly. I kept moving until I couldn't anymore. I hope she didn't notice it, or even have a problem with it. But.

"Why so close?" She asked, giggling, as she turned to look at me.

I didn't answer her right away. I stared at the stars, silence filling between us. "Because," I started, as I looked at her, "the world makes sense when your heart," I continued, looking back at the stars, her beauty making me too nervous, "beats next to mine." I finally finished.

She softly smiled at me, "You're too cute." She mumbled, leaning over to kiss my cheek.

I giggled quietly, as I gently hummed. I kept staring up at the stars, as she did the same.

Our bodies were close to each other, as well as our hands. I felt the warmth of hers, not even holding it yet. Slowly but surely, my hand made its way to hers. I held it, tightly, as if I was gonna' lose her if I didn't hold it tight enough. I intertwined our fingers, getting the feeling of home yet again.

At the corner of my eye, I saw a smile appear on her face. Which led me to having one on my face, too.

We held hands, as we watched the stars twinkle. The sky was pretty. But like always, she was prettier.

It was silent for awhile, as we admired the stars. Until I blurted out,

"You ever think of me?"

She turned her head to look at me, as I kept my eyes on the sky. "All the time." She simply said.

I softly smiled to myself.

"Remember it, Dobrik." She added, giggling as she turned back to look at the stars.

It got silent again. My heart was beating so fast. I loved the affect she had on me.

"You ever think of me?" Liza asked me.

"Yeah." I said. "You're all I think about." I looked over at her, as I brought her hand to my lips to place a sweet kiss on the top. "Remember it, Koshy." I mocked her.

She grinned, as she turned to look back at me.

I stared at her. Getting lost in those eyes of hers. I was so deep, I couldn't hear her ask me what I was doing. And she made that face I know. I shook my head and kept it to myself that I was in love.

I leaned in slowly, my eyes on her lips. How plump and pretty. How kissable. I gently placed my lips on hers, feeling at home. Yet again.

She almost immediately kissed back. She let go of my hand, only to cup my face with it.

We both closed our eyes, as we shared a sweet and passionate kiss.

She pulled me on top of her, our lips not departing during the movement of it all. She caressed my jaw with her thumb softly, as we kissed. I used one hand as support, and rested the other at her waist.

The kiss only got deeper. She ran her hands down my chest, as she gently tugged at the bottom. Private fears in public places.

I moved my lips down to her neck, leaving sweet, sweet kisses along her collarbone and jaw. How tired I felt of being scared. But how awake I am now that she's here.

Liza tangled her fingers in my hair, "David.." She whispered, as she extended her neck out more.

"Is this okay?" I mumbled against her skin.

I felt her nod. I then smirked and proceeded with the kisses.

"Give me more." She breathed out. And I did exactly what she said.

The rest is history.

***

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I rubbed my eyes, as I sat up with a sigh.

I checked the time on my phone. Her note was still there.

I quickly pulled up my shirt to smell it, hoping Liza's scent was on it.

But it wasn't.

I stared at my hands, as I choked back on tears. It wasn't real.

I sighed again, deeply. I dug my hands into my face, feeling stupid for dreaming about a girl who didn't care for me anymore.

"Pathetic." I mumbled, holding back the tears that wanted to be released.

Maybe it wasn't the rest that was history. Maybe it was the whole thing.