Chapter 44.

David's POV.

"We have to meet up with Hurwitz's, Heath's and Ramos' class in the auditorium," Jacobsen shouted at the class, telling us to line up and head over there, "You're all on your way to being adults, I can trust you guys' to go over there?"

Our class shouted back with different questions. I walked by Erin on our way to the auditorium.

"Do you know why we're going over here?" She asked.

"Probably practice," I shrugged.

"Practice?"

"For our graduation, dumbass." I told her.

The walk wasn't long at all, since everything is pretty close together on campus.

I held the door open for Erin, but ended up holding it for everyone else because I'm too nice to just slam it on someone's face.

I walked in, and everyone was already there.

All the chairs were lined up in rows in two sections. Up on the stage were a microphone, and the curtains were swung open.

The teachers got us in the correct order we're suppose to be in. I saw Liza there, I smiled at her and she smiled back. I miss her. Even though it hasn't been long since we've last spoke.

We practiced walking. Right foot, stop, left foot, stop. Over and over.

We practiced sitting down in our chairs. Stand for five minutes, then sit. Down and up.

We practiced walking up the steps to the podium. Eyes focused, standing straight, smiling. Back and forth.

We practiced sitting up. Stand up straight, fast and neat. Up and down.

We practiced walking out. Right foot, stop, left foot, stop. Over and over.

"I don't understand this," Cynthia whispered to me.

"Yeah, me neither." I whispered back.

"We're practicing for three days," She whined, as we kept walking, "It's so simple to learn."

"I know.." I mumbled, as I kept my eyes on my feet.

"Dobrik, look up!" Jacobsen yelled from the other side of the auditorium.

I sighed as I turned to look over at him, "But I keep tripping over my feet,"

"That doesn't matter," He told me, "Look up!"

I signed again, much more dramatically, as I picked my head up and kept my eyes on the person in front of me.

"Well," Cynthia hummed, "Simple for some. Difficult for others."

I chuckled, "Shut up,"

****

Wednesday.

Today was the Senior trip. Everyone that was going all walked out towards the buses. I stood there awkwardly, not sure what I was looking at.

I felt a pair of soft hands on my shoulders from the back. I turned around and it was Liza.

"Hey, Liza," I smiled widely.

"Hey, Davey," She said back, returning the smile, "Are you going?" She asked.

I shook my head, as I turned around to look at everyone who was going. I then looked back at Liza and shook my head again, "Nah." I replied.