Chapter 17.

David's POV.

Friday night. Ah, finally the dance.

I was dressed in my all time favorite black jeans, with a black shirt and my navy blue jacket.

I stood from afar as I stared at the line. God, how quickly it got long. I searched around until I saw either Scotty, Toddy or Heath. Eventually I found them all.

As I made my way over to them, Zane quickly spotted me and you could tell he was already feeling himself.

"Damn, baby looks fine!" He yelled out in his famous ratchet voice.

I smiled cheekily, "Thanks, Z."

Scotty smiled at me, "You do look pretty good." He said.

Toddy stared at me. Not saying a single word, "You look hot." He mumbled, keeping his eyes on me.

I chuckled, "Thanks," I said to him, immediately turning to Heath. I didn't want to talk to Toddy, I was still sorta, kinda, a little upset with him.

"The line's long." I said, as I tiptoed over Scotty and everyone else to look at the line.

"Yeah," Heath agreed, "But it's moving pretty fast." He added.

We stood in line for the remainder. I felt Toddy's eyes on me the whole time, causing me to feel slightly uncomfortable. I scooted closer to Heath to get away from Todd.

Time flew by and we were all finally up.
"Ticket," the two front people said.

I dug in my pocket, Scotty and everyone else already waiting for me inside. I pulled my ticket out, handed it to the two people and then walked in.

The auditorium the dance was being held in was quite dark. The glow sticks that were hanging seemed to be the only source of "light." The music was very loud, up to the point where I physically felt the music in my chest.

Toddy grabbed my hand, "Come on, let's dance," he shouted over the music.

"I-I can't," I said, "I'm waiting for someone."

"Who?" He asked as he began pulling me towards the dance floor.

I made myself heavy to keep him from taking me. "Someone." I replied to him.

"We won't be long," He told me as we both finally approached the dance floor. He pulled me close to him as he rested his hands at my waist. With a confused look on my face I tried distancing myself from him.

"Stop, silly." He said as he noticed my struggles, "Just one dance, Dave. Chill."

I sighed, eventually giving up. I danced with him, still attempting to get out of his grip here and there.

"How are you?" He whispered in my ear.

"I'm fine," I quickly responded. I kept my eyes on the entrance, keeping an eye out for Liza.

Scotty came over with Kristen and Alex.

Alex was slowly accepting that I had a thing for Liza, and was willing to help me out. Despite if I get hurt at the end. And I really did appreciate that.

Toddy and I danced some more before Scotty pulled him off from me. Scott pulled him away and distracted him for awhile.

I turned around to face Alex as I fixed my shirt. He scoffed as he ruffled my hair a bit, not stopping until it looked alright again.