Chapter 9.

David's POV.

Liza would go weeks without saying hi to me. Not even a simple smile. I did miss her sometimes. And by "sometimes" I mean all the time.

I sat at the lunch table, laughing and talking with Scott, Todd, and Zane. Occasionally I would look over at Liza, witness her smile, and then look away. And apparently I did this a few times.

"Hey, David," Scotty said. I was too busy staring at Liza to say anything to him. "Hey, Dave?" He said again, I was still too busy. He moved my knee to grab my attention, "Dude!"

"Huh?" I asked, looking over at him with my mouth dropped and no facial expression at all.

"You okay?" He asked, laughing.

Zane leaned over and brought my chin up so my mouth was closed. "Yeah, are you okay?" He also asked.

"Yeah," I told them both.

"What were you staring at?" Scott asked.

"I was, uh, I don't know. I was staring right now?" I acted mindless.

"Yeah, man. You were." Zane said.

"Oh. Must've been daydreaming."

They all stood up with their lunch trays and before I stood up with them, I took one last glance at Liza.

"Come on, David!" Toddy said.

I followed behind them. Zane pulled up beside me and began talking. About what? I don't know. I was still too busy staring at Liza.

We all placed our trays down and I acted like I was in to what Zane was saying, telling him comments that had nothing to do with what he was talking about.

"Oh yeah, man? Well that's pretty cool." I said, as I passed Liza.

"What?" Zane asked, confused.

We walked out the cafeteria and Liza's face was still stuck in my mind. Toddy pulled up beside me, and immediately wrapped his arm around me. "Yo, guess what?" He said.

"Hm?"

"So you remember the girl I was talking to you about?"

"Yeah." I said.

"Well, she texted me back! And now we're dating!"

"Mhm. Cool." I told him.

I don't know why I was so focused on Liza. Like, she was all I was thinking about. Only she consumed my thoughts. Literally.

Alex jogged up beside me and pulled me away from Tod. "Hey, dude!"

"Hi."

"You wanna hang out with me and my friends?" He asked.

"Uh. Sure." I responded, "Who, though?"

"Corrina, Mason, Heath, Dom, those two hot girls that were all over you; Jessica and Cynthia." Alex said.

"I guess."

"Cool! Meet us after school."

* * *

I sat on a bench, quite awkwardly. So I pulled out my phone, acting like I was texting someone. Its what I do when I feel awkward.

A group of people, including Alex, approached me.

"Hey, man!" Alex said out enthusiastically.

I looked up, "Oh. Hey." I said, with a soft smile.

I stood up and Jessica ran in for a hug, "Hey, bestie."

I didn't hug her back, just stood their awkwardly, "Oh. Hey."

We all exchanged hello's and we just decided to chill at the school.

We figured out a way to get to the roof of the school. I sat on the ledge, dangling my legs. Cynthia sat herself next to me, and also dangled her legs.

"So, David,"

"Hm?"

"You like anyone here yet?" She asked.

"Hm. Nope. Don't think so." I lied.

"Really?"

"Yup."

"You don't like Jessica?"

"Uh. I don't know."

"Would you ever date her?"

"I don't know."

We sat there for a moment before she suddenly said, "She likes you a lot. You guys would make a really hot couple, just saying."

I sighed as I watched my feet swing back and forth, "I don't think I'm gonna' date anyone this year." I told her, thinking about Liza when I said that.

"Why not?" She asked.

I shrugged.

"It's senior year, dude. Before you know it, we're gonna' be out of this place and you're gonna' wish you made a move. Maybe not on Jessica, but someone else."

* * *

I walked home, staring at my feet the whole time. I passed by Liza's house, my eyes staring at it the whole time. I wonder why she hasn't talked to me. I really did miss her.

I walked up the steps to my house, opening the door and walking in.

"Hey, Dave." My dad said.

"Hi."

"How was school?" He asked.

"It was alright, I guess." I told him as I walked to my room. I threw my backpack onto the floor and plopped myself down on my bed. I stared at the fan, my mind beginning to think about Liza.

Last time I was here, staring at the fan, I was smiling because Liza had finally talked to me. But now here I am again, staring at the fan, feeling the exact opposite.