Chapter 31.

Liza's POV.

I was about the turn a corner to head to my last class period, until I saw David with Jessica. I didn't want to pass him, or her. Because both of them probably hate me. I know for sure they do.

I immediately hid behind the wall, as I slightly peeked out to watch them. I saw them talking, I couldn't hear what they were talking about. Then I saw him kiss her. Am I allowed to feel upset about this?

I waited until Jessica was in class and David was leaving to continue my walk.

I began walking towards David. I picked up my speed so I could catch him in time.

I got ahold of his backpack, as I pulled him quickly into the girls' restroom.

He turned around to face me with a confused look, "Liza, what are you doing?" He asked.

"We need to talk." I told him.

"About?"

"Us."

"There's nothing to talk about." He said, as he made his way to leave.

I pulled him back to me just in time, "There's plenty of things to talk about."

"Like what?" He asked.

"I miss you." I said.

"No you don't." He mumbled.

"Yes," I slightly raised my voice. "I do.."

"I feel like you only 'miss' me because I'm not chasing after you anymore."

I scoffed, "What?"

"You only love me when you want to love me." David told me, his voice cracking.

"That's not true." I told him.

"Oh, it isn't?" He asked, laughing afterwards, "You only love me when you think I'm close to getting over you. You like hurting me, don't you?"

"No, David, I don't I-"

He interrupted, "You like the fact that I'm wrapped around your finger. I'm not a toy, Liza. Mark my words, I will get over you and I will be happy with someone else."

David pushed me slightly, just enough for me to get out of his way. He was on his way to leaving the room, until I grabbed him again.

I pinned him against the wall, so I could keep him there.

"Stop, David." I told him calmly.

He groaned, as he stood there, deciding to stop fighting back.

It got silent between us, we didn't know what to say.

"Do you have any idea how much pain you've put me through?" He asked me, his tone more calmer than before.

My facial expression dropped, as I sighed, "I didn't mean to."

He scoffed, "You didn't mean to?" He asked, his tone going back to the way it was earlier, "You had to. You knew this whole time! Stop acting like you're innocent," He yelled.

"Innocent?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Yes. Innocent." He said. "You're acting like this all happened by accident! The red and blue night? The next morning? You knew this was coming, you knew it." He strictly said.

Yet again, he angrily pushed me and tried to leave the bathrooms, and yet again I pulled him back towards him and kept him against the wall.

"Chill out, David." I softly said. I knew I hurt him, but I didn't think I'd hurt him this bad.

"Don't tell me that; you're the one who wanted to talk." He said.

We stared at each other for awhile, as we both allowed silence to come between us.

"Here's your problem, Liza," He started, "You don't know what you have until you lose it."

I scoffed, "I don't know what I have until I lose it?" I asked, making sure I heard what he just told me, "What exactly did I have?"

"What?" He asked, laughing, "You had me!" He yelled.

"You weren't anything to me." I told him.

His facial expression dropped.

"Really?" He asked, his voice cracking again, "I did so much for you. How can you act like that after everything?"

I looked at him, I looked at his eyes specifically. I remember I used to see gold whenever I looked into his eyes. I used to see love, and admiration. Now I look into them and I see sadness and anger. Whose fault is it really?

"Should I refresh your memory?!" He shouted, "I was the one who listened to your problems, remember that? I was the one who actually fucking cared about you. I was the one who stuck around after everybody told me I shouldn't. I was the one who loved you, even if you gave me every reason not to!" He shouted, and shouted and shouted.

I listened to him, without interrupting him.

"I was there for you when no one else was.." He mumbled, lastly.

"You loved me, huh?" I asked him.

"Of course I did." He told me. "I mean.. of course I do."

I stared at him, staying silent for awhile.

"Here's your problem, David," I said, mimicking his words, "You're too afraid to stand up and fight for what you really want."

"Wha-"

"You say you love me, right? Then show it!" I raised my voice, "Step out and fight. Stop being such a bitch, David. This is why everyone walks all over you. Jessica is probably gonna' do that to you. And what are you gonna' do? Cry about it. Because you're too fucking scared." I told him, bluntly. "If you loved me as much as you say you do, you could've ran and gotten me. But you didn't. Actions mean more than just words."

He looked at me, his eyes starting to become glossy, "I'm sorry," He said, "You have to understand that I was in a lot of pain. It's hard to strive for the things you have no faith in. I didn't mean to ruin us."

"You didn't ruin us." I reassured him. "It's a 50/50 thing."

By this time we were more calm. I had let go of his arm, and he wasn't shouting at me anymore.

He stared at me for awhile, before leaving the restroom. He pushed the door open and I kept him back one last time.

"Wait," I told him.

He looked back at me,

"I miss you." I said to him.

"You don't miss me," He told me, "You just miss the feeling."

-

David's POV.

I walked out the girls' restroom, my mind completely blank.

She has ruined me.