Chapter 21

Chapter 21

The next morning I was excited, it was a Friday. Next two days were meant for relaxing. I got ready for school early since I had to pay a visit to the library. I wasn't sure that Easton would have done the homework, so now I have to search for a book for him.

I picked up some books from the library and went to the parking lot and waited for everyone to arrive. I went and sat on the hood of my car going through the books to check for any special or important sums.

I was pretty much looking at the sky when Easton's car arrived. I waited for him to get down. To my immense surprise, a girl of our age got out along with him. She was beautiful with long black hair and blue eyes wearing a flowing dress matching her eye color.

I pretty much expected him at least look at me because mine was the only car other than his but the guy just left with his companion. Rude much!

Playing tutor-tutor to a guy like Easton is damn difficult.

I felt kinda insulted so I also took my bag from my car and went in and sat in the classroom getting ready for the first class. After some time, Georgy entered along with Melissa.

"Hey guys, what are you both doing so early?" I was gonna ask what they were doing in the classroom since Melissa wasn't an active member in most of the glasses and Georgy was too intelligent for his own good. Polar opposites! They do attract.

"Called Gina, she said you left for school early so we came to talk to you." Melissa answered with a smile. Someone is in a good mood.

"Oh, okay. Sit." Melissa sat on the chair next to me while Georgy on the chair in the next row.

"So?" Georgy started but let the sentence hang in the air, probably waiting for me to complete it. So I asked him the question which was troubling me the most.

"What in hell is a mate?" As soon as I asked this question, Melissa stiffened.

Georgy stood up to go and close the door.

He came back and stood on near my desk. I was expecting him to say something but it was Melissa who answered. "A mate is a gift of nature to the werewolves, the other halves of their soul." When she said the soul part, there was pain laced in it.

"Hey," I wrapped an arm on her shoulder and turned her to me, "you don't need to say anything if you don't want to. It's alright. I just asked the question because I figured it is something related to why Georgy is human, while his mom is clearly not. That's it." I was kinda getting scared because Melissa looked one step away from crying. I didn't want anyone to cry because of me.

Melissa looked at me and replied with a sad smile on her face, "it isn't your fault Nev. Just unwanted memories."

"A werewolf starts finding their mate after they turn eighteen. The most common age for shifting or phasing is sixteen. I shifted when I was fifteen, that's kind of rare." She looked so proud of herself when she said that.

"That's a good thing, I presume?" I asked, just the image of someone changing into a wild animal in a second is like the most terrifying thing I have ever heard.

"Very," she replied with a huge smile on her face, her sorrow long forgotten. "It is very rare for a female to shift at such a young age. Well except Alphas, Easton shifted when he was fourteen, again very rare even for an Alpha."

"Why do you exactly worship him?" it is obvious that Easton is a God for them.

"Wolves live in a group, Neveah. Probably to survive in this world full of humans. We live together so that there isn't any harm to our species and Alpha's are our protectors. They spend almost their whole lives taking care of us, organizing things so that we don't get into any kind of distress. They keep the unity everlasting within us. When a wolf is alone, he is a rouge bit when he is in a pack, it is sort of a strength, an assurance that there is someone watching your back for you." She did all the motions with her hand so that I understand some part of what she says. That's when I realized, 'Easton's important to them.'