chapter 49 heat

Lunch time rolled around and Porter came I. with Hunter and Alejandra. " I thought you might like some company."

Silas and Phoebe had been lying in bed holding each other and talking all morning. He told her about Alan and  Dawn.

Alejandra put Hunter on the bed and he crawled over to his mom. phoebe lifted him into her arms and held him tight.

" We have good news, Alan woke up for a while and the nurse got him to drink some broth. He was a  little pissed when doc told him of Dawn's condition but he calmed some. But not before doc gave him some kind of shot to knock him out again." Porter told them.

" Well it is good he came around that means his wolf is healing him." Silas said.

" how about Dawn?" he asked

" No change yet." Porter told him.

" Did everyone finish checking for strays?" Silas asked.

" Yeah, we ran the perimeter and the rest of the territory twice. We have a steady patrol around the lands on all sides. Some of Jason and Charles pack warriors are still here looking out." Porter told him.

  "Very good." Silas said taking hunter in his arms as the baby was reaching for him.

" what of the others that were injured? How are they?" Silas asked.

" Most are well and back in their own rooms here or headed back to their own packs. A few still are in the gym doc won't let them leave just yet. He said they would be well enough tomorrow."

" I am going to check in on them." Silas said getting up.

" I'll go with you." Phoebe said also getting up.

Alejandra took hunter placing him on her hip.

" No , stay and rest." Silas told her.

" Silas I have been in this bed for weeks now. I am going." she told him seriously.

" Alright. But I even think you are in pain or tired your going back to bed."

"oh please you are in worse shape than me right now." phoebe told him rolling her eyes.

Alejandra giggled and shook her head and they all walked out together to check on the injured pack members.

" Silas can we go check on Dawn first?" phoebe asked.

taking her hand in his he pulled her closer. " sure." he said  as they walked to the infirmary.

Doc meet them at the door shaking his head " I can't wait till you two are healed and that one is born. You have to be the worst patients I have ever had. you two don't listen to good reason."

Phoebe smiled at him. " We wanted to check in on them, How are they doing?" she asked

" Ah, I thought as much, they are much better Alan is awake again and calm, dawn is getting  stronger. the pups are doing fine. I have no dought in my mind they will all make a full recovery. And what a blessing it has been to have the doctors from the neighbouring packs to come help out." he told them

" That's very good to hear." Silas said.

After they visited with Alan for a few minutes they headed out to check on the others.

" Silas you look tired." phoebe whispered.

" Just a little, but I am fine." he told her.

Dinner should be served let's go sit and eat. Alejandra would you make sure Dara is brought to to dine with us." he said

" yes sir, I think his little guy needs a change anyway. we will meet you there." she said as she left with hunter.

Silas still holding  phoebes hand placed his hand on Porters shoulder like he had done with Malone.

He took a deep breath and turned to look at him whispering. "  When we are seated go to doc and see what he has for pain ."

Porter stiffened his shoulder to help support Silas's weight and they headed for the dinning room.

Once they entered the pack applauded. Silas nodded his head and took his seat. Porter bounded out the door as fast as he could.

Silas spoke to the room full of his family. " we have overcome a lot these last few weeks mostly the last 2 days I want to thank you all for your support and all that you've done here to make this pack completely run smoothly and I hope you don't mind I will sit down for this announcement I'm not completely back to my full self but we should all be proud to know that we have  family and friends that we  should be proud of they all stepped in and helped out in our time of need and we will do the same for them if they ever need us."  

the pack applauded and hootting and hollering. After everyone was settled and food was served doc walked back in with Porter on his heals.

" One day even an alpha will listen to his doctor. Sadly it won't be today. Where are you hurting?" he asked him.

" I don't need to ask how bad if you sent for paid meds."

" Just my side. And it isn't to bad. " Silas answered.

Doc kneeled  down beside him and lifted the side of his shirt to check his injury no stitches have been busted loose but it was looking a little red and swollen it felt feverish to the touch. " You moved around  to much strained it a little. You should rest a little. stop and take breaks and sit, don't walk around so much at a time." doc

told him. hand h pills to take. " This is for pain, this is antibiotics. I know your wolf will heal you but not listening he will need some help."

" oh he will listen now I can guarantee it." Phoebe told him looking at Silas.

" I'm glad I'm not you , your mother used to give your father that look scary as hell I tell you." doc said.

" only woman I ever met that

could make an alpha nervous."

" not the only one." Silas muttered under his breath.

doc chuckled as he stood up and went to take his seat to eat.

" I make you nervous?" Phoebe asked surprised.

" At times." Silas said.

" How so?" she asked him.

" Phoebe you are my mate. And although it is difficult you could decide to leave me. It makes it ...very difficult to deny you anything." he told her .

" Silas I would never leave you. No matter what. Not even if you took another woman." she told him.

" WHAT!?" Jackie said from across the table. at this point the she room was awaiting her response along with Silas who had his mouth hanging open.

Family and seriously phoebe answered. " Of course, because I can make him more miserable with him than I can with out him. He is my mate my place is with him. I would follow him across the globe to be with him. Not that I would have sex with him ever again. but torture him, yes I most definitely would.

But of course I would pick the bitch up beat him with her first." she said

The room burst into laughter.

" Now that is why you make me nervous. You have an evil streak my love. You never have to worry about that, I would never cheat on you." Silas told her.