chapter 30 HEAT

After getting everyone home safely and tucking Darra into bed Silas settled in with Phoebe and Hunter as he watched her nurse his son. “hum, I think I am jealous." he said watching his son. Hunter had his little hands splayed open over Phoebe's breast ad he sucked making little grunting noises every few seconds.

“Of your son?" Phoebe giggled.

"Just this part. He seems to be enjoying himself." Silas smirked.  

"Your terrible.” she told him shaking her head.  

Silas reached over and stroked his son’s cheek and he pulled back from her breast looking at his father. Milk ran down his lip and onto his chin and he let out a loud burp. Phoebe and Silas laughed as she handed him the baby and went to shower. 

Standing in the warm water she could hear Silas talking to the baby. He was telling him about being alpha on day and how to treat his mate. “I made mistakes son, don't be like me. Your mate will deserve better, your mother deserved better. “He said holding his little hand and running his thumb over his fist. Phoebe slipped out of the shower and stood by the door. Hunter was laying in the middle of the bed with Silas hovering over him. Silas was on his side propped up on his elbow looking down at the baby. Hunter was watching his father like he understood every word he said. Phoebe stepped out of the bathroom dressed for bed. Walking to Silas and crawling up on the bed beside him she rested her chin on his shoulder looking at her son. “He’s right son. Never finger your mate in the kitchen." she snickered. "Phoebe?” Silas scolded. “Don’t talk like that to a baby." he said looking over his arm at her. 

“He doesn’t understand yet. Besides I think we turned out pretty good, even if you where a bit of an ass before. It actually made you a mystery and it really turned me on." she said seductively. Silas rolled towards her “Are you trying to seduce me now?”He asked with a smirk and raised one eyebrow.  

“Hell no. Not that I don't want you, which I do. But I don't want to be pregnant again so soon." she replied.  

“There are things we can do that won't get you pregnant. “He said huskily.  

“MM. Let’s put him to bed first." she smiled picking Hunter up and walking to the next room.

--------------+++ Porter. .

Porter shifted into his big black panther and ran patrols for the night his fur so black he blinded in with the night unseen. He stalked in the trees jumping from limb to limb silently even the wolves that knew he was there couldn't see him or smell him he was to high up and the wind blew his scent up to high. That was the good thing about being a cat, wolves track from scent on the ground with excellent eye sight and speed. But cats from the trees also great hearing and sight his speed matched and sometimes outmatched that of the wolves. After hours in the tree tops Porter spotted a farm to the northern boarder of the territory and noticed a guard out back by a barn. Getting closer he could sense it was rouge wolves and linked back to Silas letting him know. Porter sat perched in the tree watching until Silas got close with his other men. Porter jumped from the tree landing five feet from Silas's large wolf. Linking to him he told his Alpha how many men he seen and they are guarding the barn not sure what was inside. Silas sent Porter closer to see if he could catch a scent or hear anything. Porter got closer and could hear whimpering and crying. He could hear men consoling their mates or trying to. He linked back to Silas and let him hear what he heard. Silas growled out orders through the link for the attack.  

They ran into the house attacking rogues left and right the walls shook as Silas growled killing three rogues ripping out their throats his beta Alan ripped off the head of one throwing it across the room. Porter had gotten into the barn with Jack and they started untying the ropes from their feet and hands. Men shifted and helped in the fight as the women shook in fear. Porter shifted back naked " We won't hurt you are free now." he told them. One woman looked at him not speaking and pointed to the back of the barn. Porter ran to the back lifting a trap door and descending the stairs he was stunned as he looked around missing pride members he never found tied to the walls and chained to beams. “I’ll be right back." he shouted to them running back up to Jack telling him what he found and they needed something to break the chains. Silas stalked into the barn in wolf form growling as he listened to Porter he ran to the back and jumped down to the bottom floor he stalked up to the men and women chained and bit through the chains dropping them to the cold ground. Jack and Porter and Alan caught the people as the fell from the beams placing the on the ground. Twenty men and thirty women were freed that night and taken back to the pack House for medical treatment most malnourished and broken bones that hadn't healed properly. Women had been abused physically and rapped brutality wolves and panthers alike. The men had told Silas what had happened some of the wolves had been from other packs kidnapped and taken for the pleasure of the rogues. Mated men and women taken because the rogues like to watch the men in pain as they took their mates. Silas growled a low continuous growl as he listened to the horror these people had to endure.  

Porter sat up and told Silas about his dilemma he found a young girl she was a rogue panther that had been taken from her parents as a child he thought she might be the missing child from his pride. She had gone missing as a baby of two years old. Porter has spent time talking with her. She was raised by humans until she shifted and they tried to kill her. She ran and was taken by the rouges.  

“What is her name?" Silas asked. 

"She won't tell me. But if it is Stacy from my old pride..." he looked up at Silas. “How can we find out? There has to be a way to know if she is the missing girl from my pride. With her parents dead DNA is not an option." Porter told him. 

"We would have to dig them up to get DNA.” Silas old him. “Is their old home still there? If so maybe her mother kept something like a lock of hair from her baby. I have seen mothers in the pack do that here." Silas told him.  

"Yeah it is. I didn't have he heart to clear the homes and sell them." Porter told him.  

“Let’s go check it out and we will see what we can find." Silas stood and Porter as well. They left to his old pride land and searched through the house. Pulling boxes and everything they could find and going through them. Porter sighed ready to give up until Silas found a photo album and opened it in the front was a little clipping of fine baby hair with a pretty pink bow tied around it.

They set out back home and took the hair sample to the doctor for testing to see if it was Stacy. 

“It will take about a week to get the results back." Doc told them.

“Let me know as soon as you do. This is very important." Silas told him.

"Will do Sir." doc told him as he walked away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Later that day.

Jack and Jackie came in together and she noticed Porter sitting alone at the table.

“Hey." She said sitting down next to him. “Your not human and not a wolf." she stated sniffing the air around him.

He smiled and shook his head no waiting for her to guess what he was. No on ever guessed it right.

“OH My GOD!!! You’re A Panther!" She yelled.

“How did you guess?" He asked her.

“My friend is one also. It took me a minute to recognize the scent; I haven't seen her in a few years although we talk a lot on the phone." She told him.

“Really there is another Pride?" He asked getting excited.

“No, sorry she thought she was the last of her kind. She is stationed in Spain right now. She is in the Navy." Jackie told him." Bout she gets out in tow days she should be home. Which is only about a half hour drive from here? I should introduce you." she smiled.

“Navy huh? ' he asked Nodding his head a little thinking. 

“A seal to be specific. Navy seals are the best in their field." Jackie said very proud of her friend. Not many women make it in the seals.

“Wow, so when can I meet her?' He asked hoping she would be his one day. 

“You can ride with me and Jack when we go pick her up if you want to. We leave tomorrow around 6 Am." she told him.

“I would love to." he stated happily.