chapter 20 Heat

At dinner, Phoebe was seated next to Jack while Silas was several chairs away at the head of the table Jason and Paul were seated across from each other and it seemed to go well in the beginning. Paul was an arrogant man who like to push buttons each chance he got. Jason was calm for the most part knowing Paul was up to something helped him to stay focused. Silas on the other hand was not. 

"Paul I will not stand you listen to you put down members of my pack. If you don't like them or me I would suggest you leave." He growled out.

"Oh my dear boy." Paul laughed out." I don't dislike anyone I was just stating a fact that some of the men and women need more training. And maybe a stricter roll model." he smirked.

Silas was clenching his hands trying to control his wolf who want to tear his head off and watch him bleed.

"I think too many years with out a mate has made you soft around the edges." Paul finished off.

Silas slammed his chair back and grabbed him by the throat pulling him out his chair. Everyone jumped up and Jack pulled Phoebe away from the fight just before the table went flying.  Paul's body was thrown across the room and busted through another table as Silas stalked toward him and picked him up by his shirt flinging him to the door and out into the formal sitting room. As Silas punched and punched Paul tried to fight back but before he could even lift his arm to swing at Silas, he broke his arm and tossed him out the glass doors onto the lawn. Shifting into his wolf he growled loudly and snarled at Paul who was still in his human form trying to pull  himself up off the ground. Silas was ready to kill him until Jason stepped out and got between them. 

"Silas ." Jason warned.  Silas looked at him still growling.

"I apologize, I didn't realize it was still such a sore subject after all these years." Paul said standing up. 

Jason turned to face Paul. "Did You? THAT WAS HIS MATE AND MY SISTER!" Jason yelled and growled at the same time. 

"Again I apologize, my mind is getting old and forgetful." Paul said still watching Silas from the corner of his eye. Silas shifted back and looked at him. "I Want you out of my territory NOW! All of you. Get your pack and get the hell out of here before I kill you all." Silas growled out at him.

Paul gathered his men and Silas sent guards to watch them and make sure they left. With in two hours they had all cleared the territory and his men sent word they had gone on to the next town.

Silas had gone and showered and tried to calm down. Phoebe stepped in and ran her hands down his wet back in comfort.  "I am sorry Silas I know it still hurts." she said softly.

" No, I am sorry. I should have not lost control like that and put you or my pack in danger. And It doesn't hurt as bad anymore. Just pissed me off he of all people had the nerve to say anything. You know we suspected his pack when it happen but we didn't have evidence to prove it.''

He took a breath and let it out slowly and held her to him.  "All we could get was rogue scents and nothing lead back to him. I still feel that we missed something." Silas said still burring his face in her neck.

"But, that is the past and you and this baby are my future." Silas said kissing her head.

She looked up at him and smiled. "Well lets get all of this mess behind us. Come on we have some humans to sneak up on."